Still the best album of the 21st century

>still the best album of the 21st century
Are other bands even trying? This cae out in 2000 and still mogs 99.99998% of other records that have came out this millennium

Attached: kid-a.jpg (1437x1437, 234.41K)

That's only the second best Radiohead album though.

Attached: httt.jpg (500x500, 126.13K)

No. There will likely never be another album even close to Kid A.

This one is better mix of rock and electronic music.

Attached: R-14485240-1575484972-4896.jpg (599x593, 111.2K)

You lost, friend? This isn't reddit

>radiohead
More like gives good head cuz they're gay LOL!
pic related is the true best album of the 21st century. Don't @ me

Attached: Trapt_album.jpg (316x316, 16.61K)

Attached: image_2022-08-21_022733153.png (316x316, 135.02K)

RAAAADIOOOOOHEEEEEEAAAADD1!!!!11!!!!

Attached: FF17BB6D-B9CB-4F5D-972B-FF3115FAF586.jpg (828x581, 68.09K)

been on this board for over 10 years and i still haven't listened to 1 radio head album, no i'm not joking. Yes i am somewhat contrarian. I'm sure it's good i've just genuinely never heard a full album by them.

>The sound of Kid A (Capitol, 2000) has decomposed and absorbed countless new perfumes, like a carcass in the woods. All sounds are processed and mixed, including the vocals. Radiohead move as close to electronica as possible without actually endorsing it.
The first half of the album is their most ephemeral and artificial work ever: the ethereal vocal psalm of Everything In Its Right Place, the distorted musicbox of Kid A (which is virtually a remix of Kraftwerk's Radioland), the controlled horns nightmare over pounding drums and bass of The National Anthem (perhaps the boldest piece here), the new-age orchestration of How To Disappear Completely are songs only because they are sung. What they truly are is flexible structures for creative arrangements; mood-pieces in the vein of late Pink Floyd, with intellectual sprinkles of Brian Eno, David Byrne, Robert Fripp, etc; muzak for those who missed the story of rock music.

Based Chad moment. Fuck Radiohead. You're not missing out on ANYTHING. Every album since OK computer has been just pretentious progressive art-rock with a little indie/electronic flair. You're better off just sticking with Revolver or Sgt Pepper and maybe Syd Barrett era Floyd or the Velvet Underground and Nico.

Attached: 1634697602350.jpg (1068x601, 65.13K)

>Thom just rips off Aphex Twin and makes it worse

am i the only person who loves the second half of Kid A equally to the first half? Treefingers and In Limbo are hypnotically calming, Optimistic, Idioteque and Morning Bell all have some of my favourite lyrics on the whole album and Motion Picture Soundtrack and it's hidden track is one of the greatest endings to an album ever imo

LOL
Kid A was released in the 20th century.
2 October 2000
21st century didn't start until 1 January 2001.

>by releasing it on the cusp of the next one, Radiohead simultaneously mogged two centuries worth of music

Attached: 20210216_191335.jpg (720x533, 99.04K)

>how to disappear completely
boring and the electric guitar is annoying
>treefingers
zzzzzzzzz
>optimistic
annoying ooooooo and belongs more on the bends than this album
>in limbo
boring and repetitive

everything else is great but the middle of this album is too boring and doesnt fit the theme

>listend to a WARP record and some entry-level jazz once*

LMAO you plebbitors over-hyping Radiohead are a large part of the reason they get dunked on so hard. As far as the pathetic nu-male aesthetic goes, Radiohead was a good band, but they were not a *great* band. And none of their albums even come close to being GOAT, certainly not Kid A or fucking Hail to the Thief.

And for the record, Amnesiac was the best of their post-90's stuff. Still not GOAT.

Amnesiac is not even close to their best album. It’s literally one of their worst lmao.

>2013
>19
>discover Radiohead
>think they're the best thing since the Beatles
>almost never listen to them after 2014
Anyone else react this way?

I think it's better actually. Never cared much for Disappear or Everything and I love Morning Bell, In Limbo, Motion Picture Soundtrack and Idioteque. National Anthem and the title track are the peak of the album though.

>he doesn't use a year 0 to avoid this very problem

Attached: H1ge0Nl.jpg (645x729, 57.42K)