Best Rush album?

For me, it's Signals.

Attached: Rush_Signals.jpg (300x300, 42.55K)

Normie answer but it's Moving Pictures
Signals is #2

Attached: Hemispheres.jpg (1000x1000, 231.88K)

Rush is definitely my favorite band, so when I was first getting into them I was all against moving pictures simply on the basis of it not being prog enough/most popular, but as I've gotten older, I can't help but appreciate the genius structure and songwriting present in songs like witch hunt, vital signs, limelight, and the camera eye.

Unironically the album that made me lose interest in the band, maybe I just didn't pay much attention to it and after the streak of consecutive perfect works was a bit of a dissapointment.
>for me it's pic rel

Attached: 6ce7eae3c86fb7fb5f699b84a9745d45.jpg (2244x2218, 764.22K)

Fly By Night for me

Attached: AFarewellToKings.jpg (1430x1430, 1.08M)

fpbp

What a pretentious fag you were, ffs. Good thing you grew of of being such a massive faggot.

One of my first concerts was Rush on the Moving Pictures tour. That album will always be important to me, even though these days I listen to Hemispheres more, and revisiting Caress of Steel and Fly By Night, because I'd not listened to those in a long while.

On a personal level, Grace Under Pressure was my soundtrack during a really good era for me, so it brings back great memories.

First album

It is Moving Pictures. There is no way around it.

Not their best, But power windows is my personal favorite

this

Attached: Rush_Grace_Under_Pressure.jpg (300x300, 121.17K)

LOL, Signals. Sounds about right for a zoomie - putting the worst album of their classic period at the top of the best list.
Protip: Signals was a HUGE disappointment in its time, literally chopped Rush's fan base in half. If you like it now, it's because you're part of the most musically-deficient generation in history.

This. Only 4 tracks and it's all it needed.

>If you like it now, it's because you're part of the most musically-deficient generation in history.
You gave no musical critiques of it though. Just because some boomers didn't like it when it came out doesn't make it bad.

It's keyboard-heavy pop-rock. From a band that just issued Moving Pictures the year before. MAJOR disappointment to an enormous portion of the fan-base. If you don't believe me, let the record sales speak for themselves, which, frankly, even that is belied somewhat by the fact that nearly all Rush fans bought Signals as soon as it came out - expecting something completely different, of course.

Moving pictures had more keyboard than any previous Rush album, so it should have been obvious where the band were headed. Despite record sales, it's not like their concerts were any less full. They were just evolving out of the 70s into the 80s and in ky opinion did it better than other prog bands like Yes.

This. Is clearly not their best, but my fav by far

Based

Moving Pictures also had Tom Sawyer, Red Barchetta, YYZ, and Limelight - all classic hard rock staples. Signals features no hard rock at all. You say it was clear the direction they were headed. Uh-uh. The fan base thought the keyboard-heavy tracks on Moving Pictures, like Camera Eye and Vital Signs, were the anomalies. Trust me, yeah, I'm old, I was there.
Far as their continued success as a live act, that's simply because their concerts featured primarily their extensive back catalog, which continued to be hugely popular. After the Moving Pictures tour, the segments of the show that highlighted their current material became beer breaks.
t. guy who has seen Rush live 20+ times

Attached: Rush_ByPatrickHarbron.jpg (1900x1261, 466.41K)