Manages to make good music again

>Manages to make good music again

Attached: animal_collective_011413.jpg (685x365, 71.19K)

Stop making these AnCo cope threads. I know it hurts seeing your favorite artist past their prime but you have to learn to let go.

>past their prime
They're before their prime. Time Skiffs 2 finna be their masterpiece

lol
lmao, even

I feel btfo in the best possible way. It was fucking over for them in my mind, and now once again there's a reason for them to keep going. Next album should even mog Time Skiffs from the sound of the bootlegs.

>AnCope
A missed opportunity there

What went so fucking right?

there is no way the new album is good

They never stopped.
Centepide HZ is underrated and good, Meeting The Waters, Bridge to Quiet good EPs, Painting With isn't a very good album overall but has some great songs, Vertical, Golden Gal, The Burglars, I also like Floridada personally

fpbp

kek

New anco album is overrated I think but the new panda bear is top tier

>Manages to make music good again

What the fuck is wrong with Painting With? It's still better than most try hard nonsense out there that people think is good

when are they finally going to record defeat? i hope they don't ruin it

most melodies are just not very good, the effects are somewhat grating
it's like a more compressed and direct CentepideHZ
I think Geologist wanted to combine the abstract and in-your-face nature of Dansee with more pop oriented sound AnCo were doing since Feels

Yeah loving the new Panda Bear but I can't get myself to really delve deep into the AnCo.. their stuff sounds so tedious these days

I guess it has an obnoxious sound a bit but I think it has a nice swirling psych sound with some catchy melodies.. some songs are better than the others on the album but I never got the hate for Painting with since it was released.. meanwhile I can't get myself to listen to or care much about anything they've done since.. not like I don't like the ambient or more dense stuff they've done but it sounds uninspired contrived and tedious as fuck to listen to on their newer stuff

I love Pandas Buoys too which no one likes either so I don't know what gives with my tastes with AnCo related shit.. Buoys is gorgeous and it probably is better than the new album imo which no one will agree with

Creatively bankrupt. Fart synths with straight up annoying melodies and sounds throughout. Only On Delay and rare snippets of other tracks were worth a shit. Fans hate it because it's basically an inversion of their strengths, which are good melodies and an interesting variety of timbres. I gave it more chances than it deserved, and every time just confirmed it's a trash album and a cursed era.

It's strange how they tried to make it their most concise ''ramones inspired'' album by not including ambient parts yet the songs are maximalist and bad

I am going to see them live in a couple of months

what am I in for