Greg Ginn

Genius

Attached: greg-ginn-black-flag-sst.jpg (550x793, 44.54K)

When I was a young retarded kid I used to confuse Greg Ginn with Greg Kihn (the guy who made Our Love's in Jeopardy and They Dont Write Em Like That Anymore)

Theres a Rollins Band thread up rn which is obviously the superior thread

Greg Finn wasn’t in that band retard

That's why i called it the superior thread retard

Yea man quite the superior discussion

Attached: 9298FE71-19B0-41AE-93EC-62A5518D9772.jpg (828x1406, 463.94K)

>phoneposting
nigger what are you doing

his solo work and his pseudo-jazz band gone were fucking awful
and after hearing about how many bands and people he gypped only to still be a poor-ass motherfucker living in a derelict house in the LA boonies i have no respect left for him
i love black flag and i know he's black flag but fuck him

Watch any interview with him. I genuinely think he has autism.

he's definitely fucked up in the head
which reminds me, did nothing come of the lawsuit his ex wife filed against him for perving on his own daughters?

it's pretty bleak stuff

Obviously was tapped into the riff pool for about five years but then shit the bed and wrote horrible songs for the rest of his life. 1979-1984 he was rocking, if you ignore the absolutely brain dead nonsensical guitar solos. If Black Flag had "real" guitar solos I'd consider them an A tier punk band but because of the free form not-in-the-key-ever guitar solos that Gregg insisted on doing it's a big ding to my overall enjoyment of them. Couple that with Henry's incapability to do good vocal takes in studio but always do brutal shredding his vocal chords performances live particularly in 83 and 84 it's just another point against them.

While I'm ranting I wish they would have done Damaged with Dez on vocals. Listen to Everything Went Black and you'll find that his voice was perfect for that material and Henry's ragged shot voice sounds just horrible on Damaged in my opinion.

>Henry's ragged shot voice
Dez is way more ragged sounding

If he played guitar in the conventional way it wouldn't fit, the solos perfectly mirror the ragged schizophrenic feel of black flag. It's also a lot harder to do than it looks. Unironically it takes skill to play that bad.

it fit in bad brains and die kreuzen, i'm not gonna make excuses for ginn's awful atonal playing just because i like black flag

Why does NO ONE EVER mention that his name is nNIGGERg backwards??

Even pitchfork gay ass liberal sites say GregGinn without mentioning he created that pseudonym to troll niggers? Do they not notice? Hope people don’t notice or care? Black Flag’s founding member’s name is NiggerG!!!!

holy fuck it is

bro what the hell

Greg Ginn’s name is NIGGER backwards! Why does no one notice but me??? Libtards say how much they love black flag and GG is a great guitar player and I point out that his name is Nigger and they go: “whaaaaa????”

and his brother's name is Ray Ginn
as in Reagan
as in RONALD REAGAN
ugh fuck

I guess something like that is very polarizing. said Gone was awful but the footage of them playing in Reality 86'd is so raw and animalistic and nothing else sounds like it. I wish the records were that raw but after Spot left SST all of Ginn's work got the standard 80's production job.

I FUCKING HSTE GREG GINN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I respect his contributions to punk and independent music but he's kind of a nutjob

Shut the fuck up bro…. Like I tell me you’re 14 without telling me you’re 14… in the 80s literally EVERYONE talked about how his name was niggerG. When BLaCKFLAG / Rollins became MTV/VH1 darlings people shut up about it.