/rhg/ - Radiohead General

this board should have a constant general solely dedicated to the greatest mainstream band of our era: radiohead.
oh dont even say nay, if we can have four /kpg/ simultaneously, then we can have FIVE /rhg/.
discuss, shitpost, rate, whatever.
all male manipulators and sadgirls welcome.

Attached: w_null_3oflocdq0un81.jpg (1316x1316, 91.01K)

radioshart

Doesn't Radiohead belong into male manipulator music general?

that's deftones

>that's deftones

Attached: 1590968551840.jpg (785x731, 100.76K)

So what exactly is "jazzy" about Amnesiac?
I don't know much about theory but besides Life in a Glass House I don't see a lot of jazz in that album

cry more deftard

FPBP if you listen to radiohead you've never had sex

>cry more deftard

Attached: underwater pepe.png (421x810, 183.69K)

compared to all others in the discography, its the most jazz influenced. thats all it.
radiohead is better than sex anyhow so thats a moot

>cries

Attached: soy.png (700x393, 403.55K)

It has trumpets and weird times and uhhhhhh

I haven't listened to Radiohead the way I religiously used to in years. After covering the discog recently, I think The Bends deserves to be ranked a lot higher amongst their best records

I listened to this spotify playlist of covers the other day, it was ok but 8.5 hours. There was a lot of surprising things. I learned about different artists that used their signature genre to cover songs. There were entire albums of reggae, Cuban music, classical music, bluegrass, jazz, 8-bit music, and even lullabies! They did the big bands like The Beatles, Pink Floyd, Metallica... The discoveries could be quite amusing at times.

I'm currently listening to Christopher O'Riley's modern classical covers of Radiohead, they're not bad

RAAAADIIIOOOOOOHEEEEEAAAAADDDD1!1111!!!!!!

Attached: 48774DB1-987D-40CB-8540-F049AE0B14DC.jpg (828x581, 68.09K)

Attached: soyjak radiohead.png (1500x1500, 72.75K)

Speaking of Amnesiac, Hunting Bears should've 100% preceded I Might Be Wrong
They blend into each other so well that it's weird as hell they chose to put Hunting Bears as a weird interlude towards the end of the album

I've always associated The Bends with NGE. Same mid-'90s teen angst aesthetic.

Who?

They changed for the worse after OK Computer. Hard to explain why but their songwriting just got worse. Amnesiac and Hail to the Thief in particular are full of duds. OK Computer/Kid A also had the cool Y2K anxiety theme while post-Kid A radiohead songs are about nothing. I wish radiohead either stayed with a similar sound they got on OK Computer, or went even deeper into the sounds they were exploring on Kid A, because what we got was lamer than either of those IMO

In Rainbows best album

that song knives out is cool

Are you a young person and cannot get laid? Radiohead is for you

reddithead fucking sucks