Dilettante core

I don't mean to use a "big word" like that, but it's really the only way to describe these albums that come out every so often, where they're the most watered down version of whatever "genre" they're trying to capture, and are then toted as some of the best said genre has to offer.

what's so subversive or actually engaging about this? just look at the cover, there's nothing new or interesting about this, it's a glorified free sample, a taste tester for tourists, the fact that this is given any merit is only a roundabout way to show to everyone how little you know about said genre.

just listen to streetcleaner, for god's sakes.

Attached: chatpile.png (359x358, 194.72K)

Yeah, the album is the definition of a 6/10

i don't want to be mean to the band or the people who shill them, but does the singer have down syndrome?

I gave it a 0.5 on rym. Didn't listen, though.

I mean you should listen to it, even if you dislike as much as i did, its called integrity.

why is it only metalfags who throw these hissy fits about records with genuine crossover appeal? holding up accessability as some kind of weakness or evidence of it being "watered down" is the most pathetic shit imaginable, it's the same argument people had against Blood Incantation, or even shit as far back as Burzum

To think of even a reasonable comparison in terms of fanbases, you'd have to go to conservative jazz fans in the late 60s who thought adding electric instruments or fusion elements was tantamount to shitting on charlie parker's grave

Attached: 61113_ver1513973733.jpg (146x146, 5.39K)

I really like it.

I don't get why people are circle-jerking this garbage.
>vocalist sounds like a literal retard who has been huffing ether
>rhythm and flow of the instrumentals/vocals is extremely offputting
>riffs are all post-punk/screamo verses and breakdowns
>lyrics are nonsensical
The only decent thing is the drumming. It's a 5/10 at most.

good take
i think metalheads probably view these kinds of bands as ripping off metal cliches to look cool to a crowd who doesn't usually like metal (e.g. the screamo/punk/indie crowd)
but that's dumb dumb

There have been threads for weeks about Hellfire and in every one of them you could find people saying it isn't what it claims to be (prog rock or rock in general) much less the best there is on offer in that particular genre. It isn't just metalheads. It's Any Forums's general ethos to hold essentialist views on particular genres and subgenres and what albums within them are "real" or not.

this album is cool, but i wouldn't call it sludge metal. its closer to noise rock or post hardcore. nothing wrong with that just something i noticed,

Man I'm so glad I stopped being a metalfag
You guys are really dumb children

this is based post-hardcore, not cringy metal for braindeads, they dont want to be metal

Attached: chatpile.jpg (434x174, 14.04K)

use your ears and think by yourself instead of using wikipedia and maybe you will stop being a metalfag

>what's so subversive or actually engaging about this? just look at the cover, there's nothing new or interesting about this
>just look at the cover
Stopped reading here

I am using my ears. You're claiming that "they don't want to be metal" yet clearly their fanbase and others (including fagtano) have labeled them as "sludge metal".

The idea that good music shouldn't be "offputting" is transparently ridiculous. It's like saying good films shouldn't be scary or good novels shouldn't be depressing

That's not what I'm saying at all. It's more like saying, "good films shouldn't have Michael J. Fox holding the camera and Helen Keller do all of the voicework".

...DID SOMEONE SAY "DILETTANTE"?!

Attached: a3757010602_10.jpg (1200x1200, 327.02K)

HAMMERS AND GREASE