What's the story with this guy?

What's the story with this guy?
I never listened to him, but based on everything I've read about him I imagine he sounds like a discount Tom Waits. Am I right or is he actually good?
I only know Red Right Hand from Scream and Dumb and Dumber.

Attached: nick cave.jpg (1363x2048, 497.35K)

he looks like a fucking alien and that makes him "interesting" to people

Just listen to him, it's not exactly difficult to listen to music. If you really wanna know, just listen to his discography instead of coming here with your assumptions, retard

He started in punk and had a gnarly scream before he crooned.

major pseud, I'm disappointed that you compared him to tom waits but it's unfortunately somewhat accurate. He wishes he was as cool as tom waits

He has his moments though, but overall not worth delving into his discography outside the obvious songs people know

/thread

I heard him compared to tom waits a bunch and decided to listen, he's nowhere near as good. A lot more morose and pretentious with a healthy dose of midlife crisis rock. Loves writing verses but doesn't really have an ear for hooks or production, known as the literary guy who english majors like but when he tried writing books they were absolutely terrible.

Start with Your Funeral My Trial and Tender Prey

But his obvious songs are generally his worst
Why even talk about shit you have no clue about

>Loves writing verses but doesn't really have an ear for hooks or production, known as the literary guy who english majors like but when he tried writing books they were absolutely terrible

he was a lot more hooky and less talky pre-push the sky away (assuming you started listening to him from that period)

He's better than tom waits

Chuck Cave and the Bad Sneeds LMAO!

>doesn't really have an ear for hooks
You've obviously never listened to The Good Son.

Tom Waits is a discount Captain Beefheart.

>a discount Tom Waits
pretty much yeah I bailed on him a long time ago and no need to go back.
some nice melodies and production though.

His son jumped off a cliff like a bell end for some reason LMFAO

Nobody should listen to this clueless fucking retard.
Anytime you see someone unironically using the term "pseud" you should know by now that they're a projecting teenager and don't know their ass from a hole in the ground.
This faggot probably doesn't even listen to Tom Waits, either.

lol didnt he take a bunch of lsd?

Tom Waits fans are retarded.

Good thing i dont listen to him then

Nick Cave in the Birthday Party and like the first 3 Bad Seeds albums are worth it. Don't really see the comparison with Tom Waits though. Besides them being both "literate" rock stars.

his first album is great
no, the tom waits comparison is meaningless outside of they are both acclaimed