/prod/ - music production general

"How Deep Is The Ocean?" Edition

Post what you're looking for in feedback.
GIVE feedback to GET feedback.

Upload WIPs to Vocaroo (or any other user site). You may NOT link to Soundclouds, Bandcamp - anything resembling self-promotion will be ignored.

Resources:
>Pastebin - Links, books, videos, articles, tutorials
pastebin.com/qtDwktHP

>/prod/ wiki
mu-sic-production.wikia.com

>Mixing Secrets and misc. resources
mediafire.com/folder/64bx81yayqzch/Production

Previous: Daily /prod/spiration:
youtube.com/watch?v=46IQu0yuJzU

Attached: img.jpg (1200x905, 111.02K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/1iqUtu06TzME
voca.ro/126IS2YTA5EC
vocaroo.com/1biYnxAzTtZB
voca.ro/199zjJXizhXK
youtube.com/c/8bitMusicTheory
youtube.com/c/12tonevideos
youtu.be/X8UR2TFUp8w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Not sure this is the correct general to ask and it will probably sound stupid but here we go.
I want to record classical guitar and I have the following chain of gear:
>classical guitar > 1 small diaphragm condenser > audio interface > reaper on the computer
I know the ideal is to have 2 small diaphragm condensers to create the stereo effect but I only bought 1 condenser.
I saw some brands sell pairs of condensers exactly for this purpose. My question is, these condensers that are sold together are different from each other? Do they have a specific feature as a pair or can I use 2 random condensers and it will have the same effect?

Attached: guitar.jpg (1683x2560, 568.76K)

just use any 2 random condensers. In your DAW, you can then match up the recorded audio files to make sure that they are completely in phase.

anyone else put random acapellas over their projects?

vocaroo.com/1iqUtu06TzME

Attached: 1640041961312.png (600x600, 170.43K)

you make dubstep so it always just works

>record with a stereo setup for stereo effect
>shove the waveforms around so they're 'in phase'
I seriously hope you don't do this

Hello /prod/ friends...
How can I not regret song that I made.

Some years ago I made this song
voca.ro/126IS2YTA5EC

And I regret it.

I went to a studio and I didn't feel comfortable recording the song. I write a rap over it. I felt so bad that I paid the guys half of the studio session and didn't even come back to finish the recording.

But I felt so exited at the time. Happen to me for 4 songs now.

>Get exited
>Feel like I m doing something innovative
>years later regret it
>Even felt cringe by what I did

you can get any two of the same condenser to record as a stereo pairy or just mix and match two completely different microphones if you know what you're doing or if it sounds right to you
matched stereo sets are a meme

all right, thanks.

Does anyone here have experience with the Spectrasonics Trilian bass guitar plug-in?

yes

I can't get any of the alternate articulations (slides etc) to trigger, even after setting the channel in Trilian and changing the channel of the notes in the MIDI editor in my DAW. when I do this with other plug-ins it works just fine. Is there some additional step I need to take in Trilian?

I'm planning on starting a Bandcamp/Soundcloud by the end of this month and I'm trying to get my mixes up to snuff
vocaroo.com/1biYnxAzTtZB
How are the vocals here?

dunno about midi channels and all that, I always used keys witches for articulations
use live mode, then load an articulation you want to use in a slot, right click it and assign some shit to control it, I use lowest octave notes as traditional keyswitches

voca.ro/199zjJXizhXK
Yo this is the first im posting anything, would really appreciate honest opinion of the vocals and post prod on vocals. I didnt make the beat... Also it only goes half way so if anyone wants to add vocals to it be my guest.

I also feel shame or regret about songs I made in the past too, but maybe thats just us being hard on ourselves. You might be better now so this sounds worse than what you do now. Honestly your song in the middle after the buildup was nice. Maybe its just missing more skill how to blend it together better.

Attached: 4afa4e5eb04dce971a5778497e80f0ffe7cff23c.jpg (800x800, 34.1K)

user it sounds like you're writing music for babies.

Also what the fuck is up with that white noise whenever that xylophone is playing, it makes me not want to listen to your music. How the vocals sound should be the least of your worries.

shame is an underrated feeling... dive deep into it and use it to never do it again

I'm ashamed of having unironically liked these channels once
youtube.com/c/8bitMusicTheory
youtube.com/c/12tonevideos

find me an artist who isnt embarrassed of their older work. its called progress, my guy.

what vocals?

No need to get so aggressive. Improve your reading comprehension instead. That user obviously meant that mastering services is a scam, because any mix engineer can learn to master, and that's where I agree with him.

do some Cure inspired vocals over this, and you have something.
just copy the singing style in this song. youtu.be/X8UR2TFUp8w

what was wrong with that video you linked last thread? i liked the zelda song part