When it comes to having a music collection. You should honestly just stick to what you already like

When it comes to having a music collection. You should honestly just stick to what you already like.
Before I had 320~ artists spanning 350+ Gigabytes. Lots of it was mainstream trash 36,000~ songs. To play all that would probably take over 90 days. Now, when I press shuffle, I WILL find songs I like easier and it wont take as long to load another track.

Attached: music.png (210x690, 12.79K)

Open up the Nintendo folder

I used to have artist folders, but then I realized that was kind of stupid because I only enjoy like one or two albums from most artists, so I just made an album folder with the artist, album title, release year and edition all in the folder filename. EZPZ.

Based music hoarder. The zoomer fears well organized discographies on a hard disk.

This is why I mostly moved onto streaming. Downloading an album to listen to it like twice is worthless. I still keep a local copy of my favorite stuff, and then just supplement that by listening to new stuff on spotify

This is what I get for not including a comma after "before". What you see in the OP image is all I have right now, with (some) more to come.
Only Splatoon 1 and 2 OST in .mp3 320
For me, it's just downloading, then scanning onto Gonemad music player on Android. Streaming seems like a hassle and I hate the UI for most of it anyways.
For me, it's kinda mixed. I might just have an artist folder but just download the albums I like, unless I unconditionally like them e.g. Plaid, Aphex Twin, Boards of Canada, etc.
for other things like Linkin Park, I will just stop at the point when they sell out, or when I FEEL like they sell out (no offense to Chester Bennington, but I didn't like Living Things or anything beyond)

Attached: cover.jpg (1200x1200, 226.08K)

>Downloading an album to listen to it like twice
Guess music has no replay value, on an album or not. Gotta consoom amirite? Not attatched to anythign or give something enough time to fully digest just CONSOOM NEXT THING

it just sounds like you realized you have garbage taste and emptied the bin

No, you faggot. I'm just refactoring my tastes.

Attached: DC3EcBMXcAEZ2cJ.jpg (600x325, 26.29K)

it sounds like you don't actually like music, you just like collecting and organizing things. how much adderall are you prescribed?

yeah that's EXACTLY what I was saying bro.

Attached: 1631052659315.png (1080x1033, 888.98K)

you should tell that to the eurofags

Attached: cap2.png (1743x1170, 171.43K)

>tip

Attached: 1599572534983.jpg (750x688, 85.99K)

But the real question is: mp3e or flac?

I’ve got 3 terabytes of 60’s pre-ambient

800 gigs of live recordings of this local band called the fuckerfucks. They played only 2 shows before breaking up but I had 11 redundant recording rigs all recording flac which I then layered over one another for 25,000 kbps bitrate.

8 terabytes of the beatles. No not THOSE beatles, the new beatles. They haven’t recorded an album yet and technically they’re not really a band yet but they’re indie-gospel-post-funk-punk style is going to be huge when you guys hear their stuff in about 5 years.

4 petabytes of the Ethiopian Free Jazz wave that occurred in 1973 in a town called Wenji Gefersi. 18 terabytes of sound check recordings from the mid 90’s band LFO. They only scored a hit with “I like girls (who wear abercrombie and fitch)” but they were way ahead of their time.

That’s just my C: drive. I have 41 drives.

Hearing the difference now isn't the reason to encode to FLAC. FLAC uses lossless compression, while MP3 is 'lossy'. What this means is that for each year the MP3 sits on your hard drive, it will lose roughly 12kbps, assuming you have SATA - it's about 15kbps on IDE, but only 7kbps on SCSI, due to rotational velocidensity. You don't want to know how much worse it is on CD-ROM or other optical media.

just sent you a waffles invite check your email

I have 600gb and I like every single bit of it :)

I started collecting MP3s in about 2001, and if I try to play any of the tracks I downloaded back then, even the stuff I grabbed at 320kbps, they just sound like crap. The bass is terrible, the midrange…well don’t get me started. Some of those albums have degraded down to 32 or even 16kbps. FLAC rips from the same period still sound great, even if they weren’t stored correctly, in a cool, dry place. Seriously, stick to FLAC, you may not be able to hear the difference now, but in a year or two, you’ll be glad you did.

true