What the fuck are they supposed to be? Nu Metal? Prog Metal? Alt Metal? They’re all over the fucking place

What the fuck are they supposed to be? Nu Metal? Prog Metal? Alt Metal? They’re all over the fucking place

Attached: 433FF122-1274-4860-BDA2-7C2B86B2D757.jpg (1200x800, 284.33K)

alternative metal

Why does it matter?

WHY DONT YOU AAASK THE KIDS AT TIANANMEN SQUARE

Armenian metal.

based metal

good answers

aVaNt-GaRdE mEtAl!

They began as "nu" but shifted to "alt" once "nu" wasn't cool anymore, same as Slipknot really

no content metal

they never recovered from this

Attached: 1638900952634.jpg (628x800, 76.34K)

they were never nu metal, they just came around at the same time and got lumped in with it. they're hard to categorise because they were weird and heavy but stuck to short pop songs for their entire career.

Spork Metal

reddit metal

They absolutely were nu-metal. Sugar is one of the most nu-metal songs of all time.

FNM-core like incubus.

How so? nu metal has angsty lyrics, hiphop inspired rhythms and bouncy juumpdafuckup type riffs. The chorus riff to sugar could be in a nu metal song but the verses and ending are way different.

>ending are way different.
the ending is the most nu metal part of the song

>this one song is nu metal
war isn't. question isn't. kill rock and roll isn't. attack isn't. I could go on.

It fits in a broader definition of nu metal that includes other bands like Nothingface which have no obvious funk or hip-hop influence but retain certain structural and riffing qualities associated with nu metal.

yeah there's a lot of stuff going on. I hear elements of nu metal, hard alternative, metalcore, post-hardcore, grindcore or maybe thrashcore?, alternative rock, Armenian folk music obviously.
rym has started calling them avant-garde metal which about the dumbest thing I've ever heard. they definitely have metal elements but they're not riffy enough to primarily be a metal band. I mean the riff for "needles" is literally one chord. they really strike me as coming from a hardcore (punk) background, especially when you include the vocals/lyrics.