Relic Guitars

I hate this trend. I keep seeing it in guitar shops. Literally ripped jeans for music.

I can't imagine what kind of retarded instagram zoomer buys a guitar with a fucked up paint job to seem more authentic

Attached: lmynefjmqzk51.jpg (3024x4032, 1.34M)

Other urls found in this thread:

sweetwater.com/store/detail/JBassFlRSP--fender-flea-jazz-bass-shell-pink-road-worn
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What's bullshit is that raises the price but if I wear out my finish by actually playing it lowers the price

>zoomer
Surely only boomers buy that shit.

It really screams
>I don't know how to play so I bought a new guitar that makes it seem like I play a lot and that having new things doesn't matter to me

fucking embarassing

>flea did one of these

Flea now confirmed for bad at bass

sweetwater.com/store/detail/JBassFlRSP--fender-flea-jazz-bass-shell-pink-road-worn

Attached: flea-green-bg.jpg (640x743, 176.14K)

They get one thing right: the neck should always be unfinished

>Flea now confirmed for bad at bass
glad to know we're on the same page

>but if I wear out my finish by actually playing it lowers the price
if you do it intentionally, yes, after all you are damaging your guitar, and a relic job will never look like the real thing, it always ends up looking like a tacky caricature.
However, an actual 60's guitar with legit wear from playing for over 60 years it's completely understandable and expected to be more expensive, obviously not exactly due to the scars, but for some people it's definitely part of the appeal.
pic related my 1966 guitar with nitro finish and actual wear.

Attached: gg.jpg (3000x4000, 2.72M)

Relic ing can be gay but most guitars today will never age like the old ones because of the polyurethane gloss finish they all have now.

Looks stupid

Looks good if you only play for fun at home and like to larp as SRV but is sad and cringy for anyone that actually plays live music
Is not cringe to larp and being a bedrooom musician is also larping as a boomer and blooze boomer at that so is double cringe

well who doesn't dislike money
i doubt he actually plays that, his is real wear and they based it on it

Relics are on the same level of autistic retardation as buying signatures.

signatures are on the same level of autistic retardation of buying fenders or gibsons

Buying fenders or gibsons are on the same level of autistic retardation of playing guitar

playing guitar is on the same level of autistic retardation as posting online about guitar

no it ain't.

>that pic
Could you imagine paying $8k, waiting 6 months and when your guitar arrives, it looks like it had been in a sewer the last 3 years?

I wouldn't buy it, but that one goes so far that it actually looks cool. It has like an urban decay vibe.

Its gay shit when they put fake scuffs though.

lol