When did hipsters turn on Smashing Pumpkins?

When did hipsters turn on Smashing Pumpkins?

Attached: billy-corgan-2021.jpg (638x397, 20.31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=F9pCNRmwpJQ
youtu.be/qkdBWhk9raE?list=PL60D70F0A86AC7FDB
youtube.com/watch?v=7eEBkwbVPpI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Billy went on Joe Rogan so he's Hitler now

They never liked him in his own scene (Chicago) and treated him like a sellout.
But at the end of the day Corgan > Albini, just on production alone. Let alone guitar playing.

the world is a vampire

Billy has been insufferable for a little over a decade, now. This isn't new.

Everyone hated Bi-corg because they were jealous that he could shred

Hipsters always despised them
They came out the gate with riff driven hard rockers
They blew up with stadium rock anthems
At their peak they shifted to a supposed art rock album with a pun for a name
Pumpkins was always bait for Chads and Stacie's, hipsters hated them from day 1

Mellon collie and the infinite sadness was viewed with deep suspicion by the music press and I don't think Smashing Pumpkins ever recovered from it. A certain sort of hipster was lost to the band.

santa drain

too teen, too genuinely working-class, too midwestern, too metal, too twee, too core music, too heart music. in other words, the aching sincerity and unabashed adoration of musicality was exactly what 90s hipsters were trying to get away from, like Cool Kids fleeing their hometown for the city or liberal arts college. they are now all PMC, watching the J6 hearings on TV, vaxxed and boosted, while billy was right about EVERYTHING. eat shit, hipsters! you traded the lifelong joy of Thru the Eyes of Ruby for feeling cool at a pavement show in 1995 where you just stood there holding your beer and nodding your head. SUCKER

He was still going strong into the 2000s before they broke up the first time. I still can't get over this chorus.
youtube.com/watch?v=F9pCNRmwpJQ

I think also that he was so obviously a twat and it was difficult to defend him from this observation. Reading about live shows that were three hours of worship of Billy didn't help. There was the concession that he can play rock music but he has to be treated as if he is Buddha, and he's not a very charismatic one either.

In contrast, with Marilyn he didn't care you didn't like him, you weren't supposed to. That didn't apply to Billy. You were meant to grovel on the ground at his majesty, and the music wasn't that good tbf.

I think that's it, you're supposed to treat him like he's some sort of King but when you come back to the music it's pretty basic.

He's not that good a musician, he's not that good a guitarist, you're supposed to make out he's God, clearly he isn't.

Therefore, the cool cats that knew the score couldn’t swallow it. Imbeciles that know what they like are what he's left with, really. It's a big demographic.

Boo-urns, boo-urns

Billy's first band sounded like Jan Terri. I think he sold his soul to the devil after this youtu.be/qkdBWhk9raE?list=PL60D70F0A86AC7FDB

Clapton syndrome, generally.

t. billy corgan

It is reasonable for a Smashing Pumpkins fan to ask 'what about us?'.

Attached: wheel-of-fortune-vanna-white-1014x570.jpeg.jpg (1014x570, 113.2K)

what do i win

Checked
Shame on you Billy! Shilling yourself here of all places. Haven't you got something better to do with your time like fucking Courtney Love or something?

a winnebago

youtube.com/watch?v=7eEBkwbVPpI

once he shaved his head it was all over