This was the most anticipated album in years. Why was it instantly forgotten?

This was the most anticipated album in years. Why was it instantly forgotten?

Attached: big steppie.png (1500x1500, 1.79M)

Anticipated by whom? UMG marketers? Nobody's interested in this guy's humorless rantings that were done by other people much better decades earlier.

Not forgotten he just didn't carry the era like he should have. He was too busy partying in Ghana to release any promo or videos. I gotta say i'm getting bored with these new artist releases and them doing the bare minimum to promote the albums after release. Beyonce doing the same shit, drop a dance album, the ONE fucking album you should have videos for, and doesn't release any videos at all. These artist just don't care about maximizing profits in this era I guess

It's shit and this retard's whole career has been orchestrated by Jewish industry handlers from the start.

Take your meds chud

Because it sucked? It's not rocket science OP. Kendrick fans aren't some special group of intellectuals trying to interpret their idol's "genius". They're just like other music fans. If it sucks it sucks. It's just for this new album they were having a prolonged honeymoon phase because their lord and savior decided to release an album after hiding for 5 years. Most of them will even admit to you that Heart Part 5 is the best song even though it was clearly meant to be a non-album single. Goes to show how bad the album is when the non-album single is considered the best.

Everyone in this thread is autistic. Or a shill. It's not rocket science, correct. When artist don't release promotional material for their albums there is nothing to talk about. It's that fucking simple. And you can see on many of his videos that's what people wanted. But Kendrick didn't give a fuck. You can only talk about an album that has no promotional material for so long until the conservation dies off.

>until the conservation dies off.

Attached: 003C098E-46F8-472D-B396-31071C4D83A3.gif (320x240, 1.98M)

lol

And they hate because he says the truth

This guy was always corny as a fuck.

He's not really doing anything he hasn't done better on previous albums and the music itself is mediocre which is always a death knell no matter how much thought you put into a record

because it's mediocre as FUCK
yeah I know, I'm outta pocket, I'm outta pocket

I dl'd it, and listened to it three times. I'm not a native english speaker so i never go deep into the lyrics.
Didn't care much more.
I have some rapgeek-friends that say they listened to it on repeat for a whole 2 months after it was out and praise it to hell and back as the greatest shit ever, but i guess they'll do the same with the next big name that drops something.

Trevor… smokes… let’s go

Because I didn't listen to it, every time I decide to not listen to something, turns out it has fallen off hard.

It has some great tracks, but somehow, nothing really game-changing. More memorable than catchy, unlike TPAB / GKMC, which were both great AND catchy.

I couldn't care less if he promoted it, like, I don't give a fuck about that, i'm no shill that relies on news, but none of my friends wanted to talk about it, cus there's not much to talk about. It's admirable to some extent how deep he went into his own problems, and that's cool, I feel the shit he wants me to feel, cus he has always been good at trying to explain how he feels.

but yeah, no real bangers, a bunch of shitty Kodak Black tracks, that are just lame. Every track that reminded me of DAMN, sucks ass, except for N95. The Life of Pablo type-beat on Count me Out sucks, SOOOOOOOOO, much, it's lame.

Most of the actual problems with the album are: He's trying to justify other people's DUMB decissions in life, and set aside their consequences, by comparing his problems and consequences (which aren't really that bad at all) with people like Kodak, like Kanye, like the way his dad was raised. Comparing yourself to Michael Jackson, a guy that never got anything proven to him, against a literal rapist like Kodak helps NOTHING to his case and as such, it's just uncomfortable to listen to this, cus it feels meaningless at times.

He's sort of correct. Kendrick's earlier albums were so good because of production that he didn't actually do himself. Huffed too much of his own farts and now he's a dear diary rapper, talking about his own problems to forgettable beats

Kodak raped women and this sjw put him on his album. Shit was dumb as a fuck.

could you make it any more obvious that he's correct?

It just feels like there's no point in going back to it. It's almost TOO personal. It's like reading his diary, i'm not even saying its bad but lets be real, it was a huge departure from all his previous works and maybe not in the best way. I guess this might be his blood on the tracks moment but even blood on the tracks is fucking god like in dylans discography, everyone said it was a return to form. You can be extremely personal and make a great album, this just aint it.