/classical/

shota choir edition youtube.com/watch?v=KopaSetMhAQ
hissbros...this recording is beautiful

>How do I get into classical?
This link has resources including audio courses, textbooks and selections of recordings to help you start to understand and appreciate classical music:
pastebin.com/NBEp2VFh

Previous

Attached: average bach's cantatas enjoyer.jpg (1180x2048, 279.23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KopaSetMhAQ
youtu.be/0qfqVmLTWDI?t=1368
youtube.com/watch?v=RImg8OTh6dM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Shostakovich is such a garbage composer, no wonder the last thread died early.

not my problem
listen to >youtube.com/watch?v=KopaSetMhAQ

>shota choir edition
HIPfags please go.

pedo thread is dead

Paul McCreesh is doing a performance of Haydn's Creation near me in March. Think it'd be worth going to? He's one of the better HIP guys isn't he? His Handel seems ok but don't know how well that translates into doing Haydn if it does at all.

Probably my favourite moment in all Wagner's works:

youtube.com/watch?v=c7AeLEPEj4s

>includes a 40 minute ballet for no reason at all
youtu.be/0qfqVmLTWDI?t=1368

Attached: Wagner.jpg (1800x1799, 1.05M)

not too fond of serialists

>how to tell you have shit taste in one sentence

It was the era.

Rienzi is laden with all the pompous forms then expected from opera, but which today people wrongly assume are the result of personal choice. This is why Wagner hated it and so many people today don't understand why he hated it.

is arvo part good
can't be bothered to listen rn

All minimalism is bad.

>The only stimulating incident occurred on the occasion of the seventh concert, which was the evening chosen by the Queen for her annual visit to these functions. She expressed a wish through her husband, Prince Albert, to hear the Tannhauser Overture. The presence of the court certainly lent a pleasing air of ceremony to the evening, and I had, too, the pleasure of a fairly animated conversation with Queen Victoria and her Consort in response to their command. The question arose of putting my operas on the stage, and Prince Albert objected that Italian singers would never be able to interpret my music. I was amused when the Queen met this objection by saying that, after all, a great many Italian singers were really Germans. All this made a good impression and, it was obvious, served as a demonstration in my favour, without, however, influencing the real situation to any appreciable extent. The leading papers still announced, as before, that every concert I conducted was a fiasco.

Attached: victoria & albert.jpg (567x450, 57.49K)

the wagnertrannys and shosta pedos have killed this thread

The Wagnerbros and Shotachads have saved this thread

>Be this thread
>Only Wagner Nazi's & Shostacommies
>Only post subpar performances of both composers

>>How do I get into classical

No.
I thought so too, but give Wim Mertens a chance
youtube.com/watch?v=RImg8OTh6dM

rancid

For me, it's the very last bars of Götterdämmerung

For me it's Wein und Brot des letzten Mahles