Why are they popular?

Attached: Soynot.png (700x859, 175.56K)

People remember them from Childhood.

The rage spoke to suburban emo kids in the 2000s

Just how many of them from og lineup dead? I know bassist and drummer is no more.

They are heavy enough while still being accessible, it appeals to those who want something heavier than their typical radio rock while not being as "harsh" as more extreme metal genres like death or black.

Edgy teens

Also I don't understand why they need 8 fucking people in their band

marketing

It lets people feel like they listen to "really extreme" metal without having to actually listen to extreme metal. If mainstream metal bands like Behemoth, Gojira, and Meshuggah are "just noise" to you, and even Slayer and Cradle of Filth are unenjoyable and "a little too much," you can listen to Slipknot and Pantera and assure everyone you're a tough guy who listens to "really heavy shit."

When I was an angry teenager I used to really like them but I kind of grew out of it.

>how can I piss off mommy and daddy the most?
>I know cringey devil musik!

A lot of boomers love them now too. I have a roommate in his late 50s who only plays their most well known songs and talks about Corey Taylor way too much. Fucking tastelet can't move on from entry level bands.

Subversive rock bands stopped being a thing a long time ago, especially Slipknot. Do you live in the 90s?

Christian snowflakes can't stand them.

I remember before they existed, when they acted like Kiss would be the end of the world, and Gene Simmons is even a fucking republican!

What's funny is how many Slipcucks think their old members are irreplaceable. They're an average radio rock band with too many members, and suddenly they're dead to its fans because the OG lineup is no more.

>Slipknot are a rock band
this guy knows his stuff

>Fucking tastelet can't move on from entry level bands.
>*listens to The Beatles*

Attached: 1634153571680.png (974x998, 134.16K)

I don't listen to the Beatles you faggot.

Did you read only a few words from my post?

dementia alert.

you should

for the same reason KISS, Alice Cooper and Ghost are popular: they have an edgy aesthetic but the music is accessible.

n't

Hey wait wait wait, Pantera is some heavy fuckin shit you hear me? I went to one of their last shows way back well over twenty fuckin years ago man and let me tell you that shit is loud, in your face, aggressive, all that shit. Phil is a damn good singer and frontman and his music is damn well much better than anything you could come up with. Walk on home boy

Pretty much.

Notice how Slipknot's growth in popularity is congruent with their increased usage of acoustic guitars and soft singing bullshit.

>Notice how Slipknot's growth in popularity is congruent with their increased usage of acoustic guitars and soft singing bullshit.
no, because I don't listen to slipknot, but I'll take your word for it.

I
DID
MY
TIME

AND I WANT OUT

i feel no one really listens to the Beatles in the last 5 or so years they have become part of our collective unconscious. babies take their first breaths and already singing along to the melody of Yesterday or She Loves You.
you don't even need to listen to their songs unless to study a certain idiosyncrasy in the production or playing. the Get Back was very interesting in its myth breaking cadences if you are a musical man between the ages 35-90 but like me you probably skipped over the music sections and felt no remorse.

I can't believe people unironically listen to Corey Taylor for their acoustic/soft singing fix. They would've done just fine taking a cue from AC/DC and making albums that fit their original sound their entire career.

their first 2 albums are their most popular, the first one has sold the most by far out of all of them and their live sets still probably have more songs from those albums than any of the other ones. so you are just wrong about that.