Geezer Butler is the best bass player of all time

Geezer Butler is the best bass player of all time

When will you zoomers accept reality?

Attached: FX3d3SlX0AIpkkh.jpg (1366x2048, 377.34K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WoZP18U5VyY
youtube.com/watch?v=O8VmoqBz9Vg
youtube.com/watch?v=UBNT5K2sEFQ
youtube.com/watch?v=S-EmI1AuOdg
youtu.be/80dsyo2Ox-0?list=PL6XYCPJrA2HzOiJhf4PbShxTwl9YCn1ZP
youtube.com/watch?v=ZN8z7AX4V0k
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Geezer is an absolute god, but James Jamerson was the GOAT. I guess once you get as good as those guys, though, it just comes down to personal tastes.
Good on you for picking a tasteful bassist like Geezer instead of some tapa-tap slappity slap pop cornball like Victor Wooten. Great player, boring compositions, 0 good records.

This may not be your cup of tea, but actually listen to it and check out those basslines. Perfectly in the pocket, but also super melodic and up/down the neck.
youtube.com/watch?v=WoZP18U5VyY

He's fucking underrated. The way he counterpoints Iommi's riffs is unparalleled

Have recently got back into bass after a long time and trying to play his shit is kicking my ass

Like 90% of a song will be simple and then he'll just pull something improvised or very dextrous out of the bag that takes more time to learn than the rest of the track put together

I also want to learn how to improvise basslines but have no idea what I'm doing

That's a banger, I think that style of music produces a lot of fun basslines, it just suits it

I honestly don't get why so many bassists play stuff like grunge/punk/thrash when other styles have so much more going on for bass.

Stoner metal is one I think produces some interesting basslines, I think probably because of the Sabbath influence. Nick Olivieri has some tricky stuff here and there in between beating his wife

youtube.com/watch?v=O8VmoqBz9Vg

Two words for you, Cliff Burton.

victor wooten faggot

Cliff was fantastic too but the guy died age 24, it's hard to compare him properly to someone who's been playing for decades

Definitely a real talent though. I feel like Jason Newsted is a good player but completely different, he's a solid workhorse whereas Cliff was an artist

youtube.com/watch?v=UBNT5K2sEFQ

Yeah he's a king

Attached: rcBrS527_400x400.jpg (372x372, 16.77K)

Great player, but all of the tracks he plays on are boring to listen to. Just like all of those 80s shredders who can shred with machine-like efficiency but never really made a good song.. like Yngwie Malmsteen, Michael Angelo Batio, etc.

>in between beating his wife
What did she do?

youtube.com/watch?v=S-EmI1AuOdg

>Nick Olivieri

>On July 10, 1999, Oliveri and Josh Homme were involved in an altercation with English rock band Terrorvision while Queens of the Stone Age were on tour in London. Oliveri was arrested as a result, but was released several hours later without being charged.[43]

>On January 19, 2001, Oliveri was arrested after a performance at Rock in Rio III in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, for performing nude on stage. He apologized for the incident and stated that he was not aware that it was a crime in Brazil.[44]

>In January 2004, following a string of dates touring in Australia, Oliveri was fired from the band, with reasoning at first being aggressive treatment of the band's fans, later being accusations of possible abuse to his girlfriend. Oliveri has said to have come to the conclusion himself that during a sound check at a show in Spain in 2003 he acted too aggressively to Josh Homme over his relationship with then-girlfriend Brody Dalle after getting too drunk on wine, raising tension between the two.

>On July 12, 2011, Oliveri was arrested for suspicion of felony domestic violence after a standoff with police SWAT team. He allowed his girlfriend to exit the house two hours into the standoff and two hours before the SWAT team made entry into the home and arrested Oliveri. Drugs and a loaded rifle were found in the home.[45][46][47] In August 2012, Oliveri's lawyer reached a plea agreement with prosecutors in his case. His lawyer, Freddy Sayegh, told TMZ, "Mr. Oliveri agreed to plead to one count of possession of cocaine and a dismissal of the remaining six felony counts." Oliveri's record in the case will be expunged as long as he completes court-ordered community service, anger management, and remains out of trouble for six years.

Attached: 1608443594547.png (1920x1080, 1.87M)

>Kyuss and QOTSA founding member
>Is a drug addicted lunatic

I'm shocked

Jaco was, is, and always will be the GOAT

Kek, he won me over as I watched

youtu.be/80dsyo2Ox-0?list=PL6XYCPJrA2HzOiJhf4PbShxTwl9YCn1ZP

Faggot died in one punch

What do you think of Les Claypool? Not a Wooten Fan either. Yeah technically a goat but would i listen to it, no. Claypool on the other hand at least has fun slap verses.

The chad way

Huge Les Claypool fan. He's always pushed the boundaries of the instrument but it's still nice and listenable. He does a nice job weaving in clean melodic stuff along with the tapping/slapping, but I'm a bit biased because I love Primus so much lel. I actually developed my ear when I first started playing by crudely following along to his stuff on youtube/downloads from Limewire ages ago.

Good taste, I dig Olivieri's playing, too. Sure, he's a degenerate nutcase, but I tend to separate the art from the artists. You run out of shit to listen to really fast if you don't lel
I always loved his playing on this track. On the whole album, really.
youtube.com/watch?v=ZN8z7AX4V0k