Is there anyone else like him? I really enjoy covering his songs. Poetic lyrics, fun fingerpicking...

Is there anyone else like him? I really enjoy covering his songs. Poetic lyrics, fun fingerpicking. Country/folky without being overly country. Any suggestions?

Attached: townes_van_zandt_1-900x900[1].jpg (900x900, 160.71K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MmjnQjRvPUQ
youtube.com/watch?v=O8_fGCCitEc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i don't know much townes van zandt but your description reminds me of sun kil moon. i could be entirely wrong though and you might fucking hate it

I love his cover of dead flowers, much better then stones original

Andrew Garfield needs to play this guy in a biopic.

I guess Blaze, Guy, Billy Joe and Steve are too country for your liking?

>listen to this guy
>it's boring elevator music
Holy fuck, why can no one on here recommend anything actually GOOD? This sounds like shitty Youtube stock music

i like both, so OP might too. OP check out the songs heron blue and carissa by sun kil. i'd also suggest michael hurley. he can be pretty honky tonk depending on the album but a lot of time he's more folky

Kek

Listen to the live version of Rex's Blues and get back to me

You'll have to be more specific with the names. I hardly know any country

>listen to this song
>boring again
>sounds the same as all his other fucking ones
Is this serious user?

it's folk user, it all sounds the same superficially. same as every other genre. what are you trying to say more specifically?

Kek, guess you're not a folk fan. Go back to listening to shit-hop

lol you retards just contradicted yourselves

we didn't really. i take it you don't listen to folk because what you're saying is what someone unfamiliar with a genre would say. "this all sounds the same/it's boring". i've heard people say it about reggae and jazz for instance. when you delve further into something you can hear the distinctions more easily
i'm assuming you're not just fuckin around in a thread you randomly clicked on and am trying to explain what i mean

>Is there anyone else like him?
Yea... other gay dudes lmao

I actually never quite got into TVZ despite being a huge folk guy, but that live rendition is pretty nice. Good call.

Still, I would prefer my folk weirder or catchier. His "Mr. Authentic" inbetween act just doesn't quite do it for me.

>this music genre is total shit and we know it but you should listen to more of it
Do folkfags really?

John Prine has some good shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=MmjnQjRvPUQ

THis guy never gets mentioned on /mu but hes good too...

youtube.com/watch?v=O8_fGCCitEc

Nice recs user

>same boring music as before but now in a retarded accent
Good call user, OP will love this

based hater