What would the music industry look like under communism? Would everyone get an equal shot at a career?

What would the music industry look like under communism? Would everyone get an equal shot at a career?

Attached: E0CB9C1E-D563-42DF-B558-12EA490249BB.png (800x800, 14.92K)

Other urls found in this thread:

open.spotify.com/playlist/3I0E7HAAoAq81pYZFEJ7wW?si=_EmXlLYTRTSoyjnM42l0Og
youtu.be/kU1PUsUr3mg
youtu.be/QlztVlP7aag
youtu.be/KfDHqUdgRqk
youtu.be/LS3hfV-geuA
youtu.be/ExE4DnhoahA
youtu.be/K_YZmNSHJhE
youtu.be/zx9QnCfXBxc
youtu.be/sxjICH6K7dU
youtu.be/BhRlcToNDYY
youtu.be/7Fe8L15Fog0
youtu.be/Tmf3fR801IE
youtu.be/-q1S8FUGqY8
youtu.be/qaIHEpzAcak
youtu.be/PWAkGI0_i9g
youtu.be/gsP9QuUM-oo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

As someone who lives in a formerly communist country it looked like that: 95.41% artists get banned or censored, in order to achieve success i don't even know what kind of cocks you needed to suck to get on national TV or get a record label deal (which almost didn't exist in the country). Outcome - thousands of wasted musicians that could hit it big.

name 1 famous or good band that is known to the public from 1965-1991 soviet union

lol are you a huge pleb? Do you seriously don't know of the late 80s post-punk/folk-rock/art punk scene?

It would just be a propaganda machine
he said good user

That's now how it works user.

kek exactly. almost nobody knows about that shit.

Try some stuff from this playlist. There is some communist era music here. Give it a shot. The artists managed to churn out some great music under these harsh conditions and were certainly more rebellious and "punk" than a lot of the Western bands (with all due respect)

open.spotify.com/playlist/3I0E7HAAoAq81pYZFEJ7wW?si=_EmXlLYTRTSoyjnM42l0Og

>he said good user
You genuinely have shit taste if you think Auktyon, Zvuki Mu or ДК aren't good.

Holy based taste and checked user. I'll throw in Vova Blue, Budni Leprozoria and Pik Klakson for good measure.
youtu.be/kU1PUsUr3mg
youtu.be/QlztVlP7aag
youtu.be/KfDHqUdgRqk

music would be worse but film would be better

Kino

If only we had 100 years of communist history to look at.

famous or good?
pick one you commie fuckknuckle

what country might that be

For me its Yuri Shevchuk and DDT, Soviet Springsteen. May not be most original music but fuck does it have SOVL. Like old Bruce transported to the Ural mountains with crystal clear vodka in hand.
youtu.be/LS3hfV-geuA
youtu.be/ExE4DnhoahA
youtu.be/K_YZmNSHJhE
youtu.be/zx9QnCfXBxc

>What would the music industry look like under communism? Would everyone get an equal shot at a career

Attached: 2901626083.png (576x472, 310K)

If you like Kino, try out

Kofe: They recorded music at the same home studio as kino and there even is a short recording of Tsoi trying to sing one of their songs.
youtu.be/sxjICH6K7dU
youtu.be/BhRlcToNDYY

Alexey Vishnya: The guy who produced all their (Kino) classic albums up until the very last two. His music is a bit on the 80s cheese side however behind these New Order-esque songs was a man mourning the death of his mother while attempting to find himself in the crumbling Soviet world.

youtu.be/7Fe8L15Fog0
youtu.be/Tmf3fR801IE
youtu.be/-q1S8FUGqY8

Alisa: The main rivals of Kino. If Kino wanted to balance Post-Punk with Poppy melancholy, Alisa were all about the "bad boy" aesthetics and synthesizing Post-Punk with adolescent teeny bopper Hard Rock and ocasional elements of Folk to show-off the rough Slav aesthetic. Despite the rivalry, both bands highly respected each other. Alisa even made a tradition of closing their shows with Tsoi's Spokoynaya Noch to show their respect. Also their guitarist killed himself.

youtu.be/qaIHEpzAcak
youtu.be/PWAkGI0_i9g
youtu.be/gsP9QuUM-oo

This. You basically have to make propaganda music to get big or completely tow the line. Music and art in general always has a hint of rebel in it which makes it a target for authoritarian states like communism

I am also from the U.S.

Not communism but in nazi germany, rules were enforced to jazz music (which made it not jazz, just boring, bland garbage).
Rules such as:

1. Pieces in foxtrot rhythm (so-called swing) are not to exceed 20% of the repertoire of light orchestras and dance bands.
2. In this so-called jazz type repertoire, preference is to be given to compositions in a major key and to lyrics expressing joy in life rather than Jewishly gloomy lyrics;
Musicians are creative types, so it's unlike they would have stuck by the rules. Communist regimes might have had similar enforcements, made worse by the information they fed the public and whathever little access they had to foreign media

Jazz was a mistake

Those went widely unenforced for a few reasons.

Largely Modernist Classical and Hard Rock Acts like Ted Nudgent (source:The Actual Soviet Union). I assume Metal would be widespread at this point since it sort of replaced Classical in some ways and also because Communism still sees a degree of popularity in Latin America which would lead communist groups in Europe to also view it more leniently (like how The Soviets still backed Cuba despite the obvious relationship with Catholicism).

They were wildly different but Western Media Lies will tell you they're literally the same.