What's the consensus?

What's the consensus?

Attached: PC_Music_logo.svg.png (870x300, 25.81K)

Political Correctness doesn't belong in music

Groundbreaking landmark record label.

it's a shit idea, nobody wants to hear a taylor swift song but instead of it being about random boys it's about political correctness

very hit and miss but that kind of goes with the territory of being that experimental

Good but destroyed by its figureheads
AG:
>consumes by fame hunger, tried to turn it into some srsbsns label removing all the humor. Didn’t stand up for his friend GFOTY
Sophie:
>brought in the entire YAASSS QUEEN SLAAYYY politically correct, platitude spouting Twitter community in
Charli XCX:
>Essentially co-opted the entire thing as a mod package for her career. AG basically became her slave.
Also their attempt to ride the cocktails of 100 gecs’ (now vanished) success was the nail on the coffin

literally none of this is a criticism of any of their music Jesus Christ stop being so reactionary.

some people only care about the peripheral shit around music and struggle with the actual material
it's the same demographic as people who listen to sports talk radio for the drama surrounding the actual thing
simpletons always need some kind of drama

this lmao who gives a shit about their personal shortcomings, PC music as a whole is a blessing and pushed many boundaries and AG is a genius and I really don't give a fuck about anything else

That shit is exactly what happened and yeah, it is a criticism of their music that they went from being pop-themed to actual pop.

(I slightly disagree about Sophie making it political)

Everything is political sweaty (and music is no exception)

This assertion is more aptly expressed as "politics are everything," and it's basically the thesis of communism which is wrong.

one of the 1 or 2 best things to happen in the 2010s regarding culture.
AG>Danny>Sophie>Easyfun
although all are great

Fell off in 2015/2016.

penis music > pc music

if anything sophie's work, interviews, media appearances etc. were always weirdly absent of any kind of advocacy for the trans community in her native UK given the prominence it has as a political issue, I can understand her not wanting to contaminate her work with explicit politics perhaps but it's a bit odd she never brought it up even in passing in interviews compared to arca dissing her critics on IG livestreams and being very political about calling herself a tranny faggot and stuff like that, I think I only ever saw her mention her transness with relation to weird abstract art school kid talk about transcendence and virtuality and fluidity or whatever the fuck

>implying pc music fans care about the music
also, its shit

kek
this is the truth, i don't blame Sophie for it though, that's the nature of making music with trannies lol
t. tranny

PC Music peaked with Product and QT boiler room dj set.

Absolutely legendary initial wave of singles from AG, Danny, Hannah, GFOTY, Easyfun. Still stands as some of my favorite music of all time. Was bummed to see it fizzle in the mid-10's, nice that AG's trying to mount something of a comeback now but while I dig Namasenda and Caro