You are probably sick of being asked this but why is this album so hated?

I know this isn't seen as their best work, but I really like the songs. Especially All Within My Hands and Frantic. Would it be more well received if it had been released by a different band?

Attached: st anger.jpg (220x220, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OQORIIexlss
youtube.com/watch?v=lU-UI3_6HcM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

TSUNK TSUNK TSUNK BRAP
CHUNKA CHUNKA CHUNKA CHUNK
TSUNK TSUNK TSUNK TSUNK TSUNK
SAAAAINT ANGER ROUND MY NY-EEEECK

you already know why, fuck off and make an interesting thread. holy fucking shit. how many st anger threads do I need to see?

used to love this album when I was a kid (like 10 and under) and I don't hate the instrumentals but the lyrics make me wince whenever I hear them, they sound so halfbaked.
>WITH A BULLET IN MY BACK-AH
>ALL THE SHOTS, ALL THE SHOTS, ALL THE SHOTS I TAKE
Other than that I don't think it's bad, I didn't even know people hated the snare until years later and I still listen to Metallica today, just not St Anger really

It's like The Phantom Menace of music. It basically signalled that there would be no return to form for Metallica after their shaky 90s period, they were stuck in this dumb groove metal thing forever.

Also it just wasn't very good. Frantic is a good track but that's kind of it, no real bangers. I think music production nerds had an issue with the sound of the drums and whatever but I don't mind that, it's supposed to sound like a garage band

I AM MADLY IN ANGER WITH YOU

It's literally load and reload tier which is very good

My main issue with the album is its length. The songs are too long for how monotonous they are. I think the album would be better overall if each song was shortened by half its length.

much like late U2 albums it's a subpar effort from a band that would have been 9/10 if it had been released be a new, different band. plus the songs never fucking end

Load is in a tier of its own, above the Black album even

>MY LIFESTYLE
>DETERMINES MY DEATHSTYLE
name a more thought-provoking and intelligent line in music history
ill wait.....

TUNK TUNK TUNK TUNK TUNK

youtube.com/watch?v=OQORIIexlss

>YOU NEED THOUGH-PROVOKING LYRICS!@!1
>WHY?..YOU JUST DO, OKAY?!

Attached: 1648325500005.png (462x526, 127.91K)

(x2)

Maybe it's just me, but I liked that the lyrics sounded like insane ramblings, fit the tone of the album pretty well. I can imagine some schizo writing the same 3 phrases like that in his notepad.

Songs too long. They were dumb and egotistical not to edit them down. In the universe where they did it's regarded as top ten metal LP

Attached: EK_gzhiUcAEqzEI.jpg (600x925, 95.29K)

Hello from an alternate universe
youtube.com/watch?v=lU-UI3_6HcM

>59 minutes
you thought that was going to be a cool post huh

first off, i think sweet amber is the best on that album
secondly, i think people don't like it because it's nothing like what people expected of metallica quality wise. some parts of the album can be an absolute sleep fest and it's surrounded by albums like reload and some kind of monster making it look significantly less cool for me

>vs. the original 75
Short enough for me. Invisible Kid is finally listenable.

THIS, I really loved the instrumentals but you can tell james was not in the right headspace for songwriting.

Dirty Window is the best song on the album. The extra beats on the second "slam my gavel down" line are euphoric.