RTJ

What does Any Forums think about Run the Jewels? I never gave them a serious listen but I just heard their collab with RATM and it was pretty fucking bad.

Attached: Run_the_jewels_ep_album_cover.jpg (300x300, 13.55K)

Spell it with me everyone...

R

RTJ 1 and 2 are kino. 3 has its moments but is kind of underwhelming. 4 is an embarrassing self-parody.

E

When I was a hardcore hippidy hopping faggot I tried pretty hard to give RTJ and everything related a few fair shots. Shit is shit, period.

R

E

D

D

I

Not bad but overrated.

T

Definitely a plebbitor's music. I imagine this hypes up the white man who has 2 black friends he wants to impress.

N

I

G

>collaborating with communists
yikes

pretty much this. i go back to the first two more often than the third and i dont even consider fourth.

White rappers are inherently cringe by the fact they fear the dreaded n word. Mike is soft compared to 90s guys like Nas

El-P's production is fantastic most of the time, and they're both good rappers in their own way

RTJ's weaknesses are mostly in their lyrics
they have a lot of songs that "slap" so to speak but i'd be embarrassed to listen to around anyone else because of either poopoo peepee humor or hamfisted attempts at political commentary

G