How the fuck did they make the drums on this album? How did they get that sound?

How the fuck did they make the drums on this album? How did they get that sound?
What’s the secret?

Attached: 80D9306A-0813-4292-9663-8BA88CFACE00.jpg (1381x1400, 97.64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/p4C0KHsR8Wg?t=185
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They used a skin tank, very hard to find in the 90s

>album made 30 years ago sounds more modern and relevant than anything coming out today
Really makes you think.

An MPC2000, obviously

just banged on a snare and mixed it, ya dummy

It sounds like 90s music

this album makes me think of a boring house party where everyone's sitting on the floor too high to do anything and there are multiple white guys with dreadlocks talking about vibes

you described the 90s pretty much

I like Strangers

sounds comfy desu

i would say analog tape, plate and spring reverbs, analog compression too and of course the most important: tons and tons of soul

weren't most of the drums sampled?

is she sitting down or walking down stairs with her hands on the rails?

holy fuck I've always thought that she's on stage and the photo is taken from where a crowd would be

also, i absolutely hate how the blue gap between photo and the image border is visibly bigger on the right side. why would anyone do this

90% chance they were sampled and had whatever effects added on. like the other user said, probably plate reverbs/compression...slowed down too. the drums on strangers for instance definitely sounds like a sample that was detuned. i'm not especially familiar with how to make sample based music so i don't know beyond that
what the fuck...

it's from this
youtu.be/p4C0KHsR8Wg?t=185

i love this little album like you wouldn't believe

>i love this little album like you wouldn't believe
i'd drink this album if i could, i'm sure it tastes like good brandy

>i absolutely hate how the blue gap between photo and the image border is visibly bigger on the right side. why would anyone do this
In the 90s music was commonly distributed via these round disks called a "CD". The "CD" was contained in a jewel case which consisted of two rectangular trays that are linked together via a hinge on the tray that's used for seating the CD. The other tray seats a piece of paper or booklet which has the album artwork visible on the front when the case is closed. From this angle the spine of the case, about 1~2 centimeters is also visible, offsetting the album artwork relative to the case itself. This is why the artwork has an uneven vertical margin.

OH
CAN'T ANYBODY SEE

yes they absolutely were, OP is retarded