How do I tell good music from bad music objectively?

how do I tell good music from bad music objectively?

Attached: _91408619_55df76d5-2245-41c1-8031-07a4da3f313f.jpg (976x850, 61.9K)

List of objectively good albums:

Megadeth - Youthanasia
Depeche Mode - Songs of Faith and Devotion

that's all

ask on Any Forums

Music you like - good

Music you don't like - bad

That's all you have to know, don't be peer pressured by some jerks online what to and what not to like

Edit: Woah I never had this many upvotes before! Thanks for the Gold r/AnthonyFantano!

music i like = objectively good
music i dont like = objectively bad
simple as

based satanists

I just want to explain to the idiots why the music they listen to is bad after telling them that I don't want to listen to their god-awful music.

all music is bad besides classical

If you enjoy it, it's good

it's neither objective nor subjective, I mean yes it is subjective but it's more inter-personal. the Good is decided by a community of knowledgeable people (like for science).

Attached: very true.webm (582x810, 1.16M)

come back to /qant/ NOW

less notes = bad
more notes = good
monotonous singing = bad
dynamic singing = good
guitar = bad
violin = good

Pls just enjoy the music you like, don't get caught up in trying to impress other people. Wanting the art you like to be "objectively" good, especially music, is a fools errand and will only lead to trying to force your taste to match other people's

Do you think you have what it takes to actually convince people of this? If you have a criticism for a specific band or sing say it, you are retarded if you think you can use "objectively"(your subjective opinion) to convince people they don't enjoy something they like

you can enjoy bad stuff. If you're right then what criticism would there be that wouldn't just boil down to "because I don't like it"? It's not even a criticism

>power metal is good

only one of those albums is objectively good

ok so far everyone replied is a fucking retard. best way to find out is to listen to alot of music and you will pick up on whats good and whats cheap and soulless

if you dont play an instrument and know music theory you are not in a position to judge.

once you gain the hidden knowledge of what music IS then you are permitted to say

There isnt any true objective good music, but i find music with a strong melody where each instrument has more to "say" than a root note or a 4 on the floor beat is pretty widely considered good.
Like, ive shown people that never listen to music things like gentle giant or slint. Things that arent super well known outside of music circles and often arent what theyre used too, but always get a good response.
I think just well thought out music that had a lot of care put into it always hits.

Art is subjective

You should listen to more music user