He's still going on about this

>he's still going on about this
Look Roger (Pink Floyd) are a pretty important part of music history but holy shit it is beyond embarrassing that this dude thinks The Weeknd/Drake are and always will be irrelevant compared to him and the fact that they're living rent-free in his head just because a magazine decided to cover their concerts instead of his is beyond pathetic.
Just let it go, mate.

Attached: brqbr2ioeld91.jpg (1056x1202, 121.38K)

stop listening to nigger music

stop listening to boomer music

he looks so sad

i dont but youre obviously a seething rapcel

WE CALL IT RIDIN' THE GRAVY PLANE

Based Rog. Nobody can nor even tries to deny it

Thought he died years ago

He's right. And I haven't listened to a PF album since I was 13.

Maybe he got some bad news at the Docs and he's trying to feel relevant.

>Pink Floyd forms in 1963 and starts performing in 1965
>their most critically acclaimed and influential album, DSOTM, releases in 1973 - 10 years after the band formed
>The Weeknd's first album released in 2013
>9 years later he is the biggest (Western) male artist on the planet with a massive influence on the alternative R&B and western-pop genres
the problem with retards claiming that Roger is right is that they're ignoring the fact that Pink Floyd has had 50+ years to build their reputation and their influence on music. The Weeknd/Drake have been in the industry for about 10 years and have already immensely shaped the future of their respective genres.
And in case you've been living under a rock; hip-hop, alternative R&B, and western-pop are the most popular genres of music in the Western world thanks to them. And The Weeknd is already bringing back synths/dance into mainstream popularity with his last two albums.

years later he is the biggest (Western) male artist on the planet with a massive influence on the alternative R&B and western-pop genres
his producers and handlers just gave him shitty 80s-influenced backing tracks, there is absolutely nothing influential about him

Yeah sure, let's ignore the fact that he helps produce his own music. Or the fact that he can choose who he works with since he has his own label.
The fact that he decided to work with OPN on his last two albums doesn't mean that he isn't influential. It's his sound that he wants to create and he knows who to work with to bring that to fruition.

Attached: drake.jpg (1418x822, 127.17K)

Attached: weeknd.jpg (1434x839, 187.43K)

Attached: roger waters.jpg (837x620, 53.56K)

>he helps produce his own music.
lmao what low standards you have. see what happened to his music when he ditched jeremy rose. he went from interesting to adopting whatever flavor of the month bullshit his label fed him. im not even referring to OPN. because you can't even fucking tell OPN worked on his shit, it sounds so generic.

who do you think the weeknd is influencing right now? 80s revival has been going on since at least the late 00s. the weeknd hasn't done anything for the trend except make it dumber, but he was joined in that endeavor by several others before him.

Maybe you're going to experience bad news and have to visit the doctor if you keep talking shite.

absolutely BTFO

I didn't even know about Drake or The Weekend until Roger Waters compared himselt to them. Is he so embarrasingly insecure that he's started comparing himself to literal whos?

>music that is far more complex and intricate takes more people to create
what a shocker
Don't try to hide the fact that The Weeknd himself is listed on every single song he's released. We can never know just how much or how little input every other credited writer/producer has had.
Are you retarded or something? It's the flavor of the month because he's the one making it so. There's nobody feeding him anything because he owns his own label. It's literally up to him to make whatever he wants.

still haven't named one artist he's influenced, bitch

There's also the fact that they need producers and 3rd party songwriters (music theory knowledge) to write the hooks for them, i.e. the literal reason the masses care about the songs in the first place, or they'll simply just sample the hook from another song and pay the artist.

He was emotionally moved by the sign.

Piss off Roger

I fucking hate these golems so much its unreal

Attached: pink floyd.jpg (856x393, 33.52K)

b8