How did The Police enter the canon of "great" classic rock bands? I don't get it

How did The Police enter the canon of "great" classic rock bands? I don't get it.

>prog drumming with excessive ride cymbal usage kicks in
>shitty 80s guitar riff with reverb and delay
>condescending lyrics about how Africans are starving and you should feel bad for not helping them over a cringe white reggae arrangement
>chorus is literally just the song's title repeated 40 times
>fade out is just the chorus hook on loop for a minute and a half because they have no clue how to end songs

Thanks for your groundbreaking """""music""""".

Attached: the police.png (1442x980, 1.7M)

They're british

2/3rds actually, Stewart Copeland is American

2/3rd's British, Stewart is a yank, his brother ran the record label they signed with and was also their managed and his dad was a spook who was a founding member of the OSS and the CIA.

Now this "band" for sure glows

The only point of yours that is valid is the last one and fade out jams are kino, you pleb.
They didn’t sign with IRS records. Their manager founded it and they toured with a few bands that did, though.

Attached: 41CE72BE-EE42-4FC9-A2F6-3415177DA780.jpg (300x168, 6.95K)

Outlandos is their only good album because it has no pretensions beyond being kick ass punk. Regatta is also decent, but is a foreshadowing of the cringe to come.
Their 80s albums are almost laughably bad though. The coke at this time must have been crazy for people to think this band deserved to sell out stadiums. Ghost in the Machine might legit be the single worst album I've ever heard that's considered to be a classic.

checked
My bad, some of Stewart's early Klark Kent stuff was released on IRS, but yeah the Police were A&M.

I like the early singles, compilation tracks and first two albums.

Kys retard

>watches YFBS podcast literally one time

post your favorite 80s bands
also if you think sublime is better than the police kys

I like both, sue me faggot

I have no idea what this is.

Where does your mind connect Sublime and The Police? Who has ever once compared these two?

He's also the only competent one

>reggae rock

You are dumb. For real.

No you are, how can you not see the surface level similarity?

Because it doesn't exist lmao.

The Police and Sublime both play rock music with a heavy reggae influence. This isn’t my opinion, this is a fact.

Stewart COPEland