Any anons here who sing?

Any anons here who sing?
How do I sound like Chino? I like his breathy singing style.
I can get his notes and everything but throat feels a bit stiff and not flexible when I do this stuff. I sing on exhale.
Give some advice guys please, I'd be very grateful

Attached: 600x600bf-60.jpg (600x600, 15.37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pbH9yvgyh1I
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

post a vocaroo. I doubt you can hit that high note on “digital bath” but I’d be very impressed if you did.

Well, "that" note on digital bath I can't do. Yet. Maybe yet.
I'm high baritone. I can get his belting on change.
I'm mainly talking about his whispery singing on change, teenager, knife party
I work with a vocal coach, I sang my own summer and she says i kinda close to his sound. My problem is that singing on exhale makes my throat tight and I can't hold note for more than 10 seconds

It's really only for chads and soulful people.

Plug an SM58 into a distortion pedal.
You’re welcome.

Thanks. And what about this one? I'd like to sing acoustic. youtube.com/watch?v=pbH9yvgyh1I

I find Chino pretty impressive because he never learned the proper way to do anything, but he knew what he wanted right off and it always worked perfectly for the music

C5? it's not crazy high plus it sounds super strained

>I find Chino pretty impressive because he never learned the proper way to do anything, but he knew what he wanted right off and it always worked perfectly for the music
this is the best way to go about anything honestly. you never have to worry about forcing a unique style if your process is unique to you because you made it up as you went along. your style flows naturally from idiosyncrasies in the way you work. the creative ideal imo.

I mean that's what I've always done too but I saw a video of him performing when he was like 16 or something and he sounded exactly the same. If you listen to Elliott Smith's super early stuff, he was all over the place vocally, and mostly trying to sing in styles that didn't suit him at all. you have to know what you're aiming for before you can do it.

Yeah, that's cool that Chino is naturally gifted. Me-not so much. Naturally I can sing sinatra and country, but that's just not my style. Chino is a tenor but what I like about him that I can kinda sound like him without much hustle. I tried singing weeknd and jamiroquai but their voices are too thin and too high. Deftones kinda can do, but I want to sing it better. As I said, I sing on exhale to get that sound and throat is not flexible and can hold more than 10 seconds.

>Naturally I can sing sinatra and country
Use that to your advantage, get a coach don’t fuck up your voice

I'm a lot more adept at singing from the chest, I wish I had a cool high head voice like, I dunno, Charlie Puth

(Like) Linus - 5/10
Adrenaline - 7/10
Around The Fur - 8.9/10
White Pony - 8.5/10
Deftones - 7.5/10
Saturday Night Wrist - 8.4/10
Diamond Eyes - 8.7/10
Koi No Yokan - 7.2/10
Gore - 6.4/10
Ohms - 8/10

Attached: 1650637025306.jpg (700x600, 118.88K)

How do you sing in head voice?
I take a breath and like close my throat while holding breath and sing. Don't know how to describe it

It's all in the sinuses I think. To sing like a Beach Boy you need to like avoid dairy and really practice projecting your voice through your nose and the top of your throat. Unless you cultivate the talent starting early you're pretty much fucked

I son't drink milk and eat cheese that much. Do you imply that protein shakes I drink can make my voice lower? My voice is 2 octaves, no falsetto
I started singing late, about 19 years old and it was guns n roses screachy voice for me. I never tried singing in chest voice back then.
I know that I am not talented in singing and everything else. Just want to make some aesthetic vibey music. I don't aspire to be next Freddie or MJ

What about eros?

Used to sing Bored and Headup in our old metal band, and would always lose my voice trying to sound similar. Tried 'Root' once and that high bit at the end was a fucking travesty.

Hey, I like bored too
For now it's it's bored, summer and change songs i sing. How did you sing? I'm interested in singing not screams mostly

You have to develop a way to sing inside your chest instead of just roaring from your throat. It took me a few years to get used to, but you'll have to do it, otherwise you won't be able to speak the next day. There are plenty of youtube videos out there that will help.

Good luck to you

I don't roar. Only on choruses
I WATCHED YOU CHANGEEEE
I THINK GOD IS MOVING ITS TONGUE

On other stuff I take a breath, hold my diaphragm and whisper sing with a tight throat. It"s not painful but I throat feels tired and I have no flexibility while singing like that

Sounds like you're doing alright in that case. Chino doesn't seem to follow any established singing pattern anyway, so just go with the flow

Heh thanks.
What do you sing these days btw?