When did you realize you weren't going to make it?

When did you realize you weren't going to make it?

Attached: FB_IMG_1658635442172.jpg (720x817, 50.23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mSWil4kOyq8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Tonight when Gremlens dropped his new collab noise album

Just now when I saw this thread

I never thought I was gonna make it. Nobody gets out alive.

>quote from a movie by millionaires, movie gods, and rock stars
really makes one ponder

The book was written by a non-millionaire.

When I found out that baby killing pedophiles run the world

No connections, no wealthy influential family, didn’t get into it at a younger age, the fact that millions of people on the internet are doing the exact same thing and that most of them better than me at it, etc.
The basic ones that will prevent around 99% of musicians from ever “making it,” which is why you should focus on making music you like rather than what others like since there are others making marketable music with industry push that you will never be able to compete unless you get extremely lucky.

This. Upon learning the awful truth about the way the world really works, my soul was destroyed. I don't think I'm going to ever bounce back from exposing my brain to the heinous sociopathic goblins running things and all the evil depraved shit they get up to in public and in secret.

Attached: drunk bugs.jpg (578x442, 31.35K)

sorry you've made yourself retarded

The idea of "making it" is idiotic to begin with. If you don't have horrible taste, likely most of your favorite artists either work day jobs or just barely manage to scrape by. The lucky ones are sponging off of their parents. It's not that difficult to make an impact within a given niche. But if you want to be rich and famous, you're just a narcissist.

When i'm listening to a really good song I still fantasize about being in front of my entire high school class in an auditorium or something and i'm in the band playing the best parts

>The idea of "making it" is idiotic to begin with
It's good to have perspective. I have been hired to write music several times and made a little bit of cash, am generally 'well reviewed,' and try to keep up with finding new work... but my soundcloud is less than 100k plays and I have a dayjob. Sometimes I wonder if I 'made it' and I consider that teenage me would have killed to have even this much success.

Based

it kind of sank in for me eventually that the whole thing was a childish fantasy. music isn't a real career. I've made like $3500 or something. I sometimes get fan mail or twitter mentions or whatever from people I respect. I was interviewed by someone who asked intelligent questions. That's pretty cool. And really, it's good enough. It's not like I want to be recognized when I'm buying groceries or bust my ass touring.

damn sounds like you and I had the same career user, I even got featured in the local indie news as one of my city's underground producers (lol). Like you I enjoy the fact I'm a nobody, my coworkers (and family) don't care about my music and I can noodle around and release an album no one listens to every 4 years.

Funny that Jared Leto (the blond guy) became a movie god, rock star, and a millionaire

youtube.com/watch?v=mSWil4kOyq8

I’ve “made it” in music, but it’s all shit turned out for broadcast and events. My Bandcamp for the stuff I like to do is pathetic.

can't get over how people are so retarded that a sizeable portion of the population actually believes this shit now

I wonder who could be behind this post

At most those guys are being hyperbolic. What do you make of all this Epstein shit? Is the line between trafficking and abusing teenagers and trafficking and abusing younger children really that thick?

You got me, George Soros here AMA.

The trafficking shit is real but retards act like there's le spooky satanic blood drinking cabal involved. A handful of people got exposed so now all of the tards are freaking out and think everyone with a modicum of power and influence rapes and murders kids. The people in the little black book need to be investigated and scrutinized but people tie the Epstein thing in with conspiracy theories about le globo homo jewish nwo shit so the waters get muddied.