Who is the spiritual successor to Smashing Pumpkins?

Who is the spiritual successor to Smashing Pumpkins?

Attached: pumpkins.png (1458x939, 1.73M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=z-mxBDuRaZ8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Are you telling me this isn’t the pixies?

Smashing Pumpkins (2006-pres run)

Pixies predated Pumpkins though

Silversun Pickups

Until Courtney Love's witch spell over Billy is broken there will be no further Pumpkin kino in our lifetime

I second Silversun Pickups

Giving them a listen for the first time now and this is a very good call

It's not ripping off Pumpkins but I can definitely hear the sound influence. I like it

hell yeah
youtube.com/watch?v=z-mxBDuRaZ8

Who cares

Billy Corgan had hair?

My Chemical Romance

Surprisingly kino hair in the early 90s

If he was balding or something I get shaving it off but doesn't seem to have been

Attached: sp1.jpg (960x610, 118.96K)

Pre-Mickey Rourke + meth D'arcy is marriage material.

>Corgan was the Vince MacMahon of his own pro wrestling company

What the fuck

Attached: Billy-Corgan-TNA.jpg (740x415, 64.61K)

No he was infamously balding starting with the Gish tour where you can see it in some shots

Growing up I had always heard what an asshole Billy was but when you consider that half his band were drug addicts then him insisting on recording all the album parts himself makes a bit more sense

I like his Rogan interview. Very weird guy (e.g. talking about buying expensive cars in cash because its funny and not quite getting why Rogan wasn't laughing) but he seems very redpilled on the music industry

Shit you're right

That's a rough balding pattern

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 68.65K)

>known generally as a grunge band that pivoted
>Corgan seems to have viewed them as psychedelic rock the whole time

I wasn't a fan of their later electronic sound but they weren't wrong to keep evolving with the times

they definitely folded in elements of grunge during the siamese dream/melon collie era, but billy was always a guitar virtuoso kid so his references were always in 70s rock music and metal of the 80s, plus in their earliest incarnation they were a goth/post-punk band, they changed sounds alot, but I think they got lumped in with the grunge thing when they were pulling alot more from hard rock/metal and shoegaze at the time

Yeah even Siamese Dream is one of the more original grunge albums out there, it's so varied compared to something like Pearl Jam imo

Imo you get bands who do something like
>We play [genre] so that mean the music needs to have X, Y and Z characteristics to remain that way (e.g. pizza thrash bands like Municipal Waste)
or
>oh fuck no one wants [genre] anymore, we need to change to [other genre] to try and keep up with the market (e.g. Black Album Metallica dumping thrash for groove metal)

Pumpkins kept evolving it naturally (read: playing things Billy liked) which produces a better result overall despite a few missteps imo