I’m a new Ween listener and fucking love The Mollusk. What should I listen to next?

I’m a new Ween listener and fucking love The Mollusk. What should I listen to next?

Feel free to rank em

Attached: D7D334CB-9408-49C2-ACA6-F9010722C5B8.jpg (440x325, 70.15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=g2z935HRo_4
jambase.com/article/dean-ween-discusses-favorite-album-time-shares-brown-examples
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>S tier:
Mollusk, Quebec
>A tier:
Chocolate and Cheese, White Pepper, 12 Golden Country Greats, All Request Live and Live in Chicago (better renditions of early songs than the original studio versions fite me faggots)
>B tier:
Godweensatan, The Pod, Pure Guava
>C tier:
The other live albums, Caesar and other assorted weird shit
>'don't look at it, Marion' tier:
La Cucharacha

the mollusk is the only ween i can stand

Chocolate n Cheese and Quebec should be your next stops.

my rankings: 12 golden > the pod > pure guava > choc n cheese > mollusk > quebec > white pepper > godweensatan > la cuckeroo (the only one I don't like)

Side project band The Moistboyz is based as well, every one of their albums is a 10/10 but they definitely have a different sound and lyrical style than Ween

every ween album is at least good. many of them are excellent

I like all of their albums but don’t trust anyone who says Quebec is their best. Those are usually the people who don’t actually like Ween. This applies tenfold if they try to push some stereotype that people who call GWS or The Pod their best are “pretentious,” “try hard,” “edgy,” etc.

Quebec is still great.

I thought that The Mollusk would be more accessible to non Ween fans

Try Z-Rock Hawaii if you haven't already. Ween + Boredoms
youtube.com/watch?v=g2z935HRo_4
Hello, based 12gcg enjoyer

I have a much older brother who gave me a cassette of chocolate and cheese when it came out and I basically grew up on ween after that, getting all their albums as they came out. The pre-C&C stuff is too brown for me even though I don't outright hate it, but I think Quebec is the absolute peak along with the Mollusk.

Thanks for reminding me this existed, been wanting to listen to this since before youtube

Listen in order starting with The Pod and ending with Quebec and then you'll have listened to all of the essentials. Don't skip the country album, it's kino.

I will never understand why people love the Pod so much. God Ween Satan is much better than The Pod and Pure Guava

I don't know maybe you have autism and aids.

Quebec is the best Ween album, and it also happens to be the least brown album. The only problem is with people who assert those two facts are somehow related.

Choclate and Cheese, Quebec, and Pure Guava next. This board has a weird boner for 12 GCG, its not that great tho. The Pod is worth checking out too but I'd say its less accessible than the first 3 I mentioned

>brown
is this a normal way to describe albums or am i missing something

Brown, as it pertains to Ween, generally refers to something that's intrinsically weird or messed-up, but in a neutral (and often positive) sense. Here's an interview that adds a bit more context, but it's one of those terms without an easy definition. You'll know when it clicks.
jambase.com/article/dean-ween-discusses-favorite-album-time-shares-brown-examples

thanks user

Of course, glad to help. Happy listening; for what it's worth, I do think Chocolate and Cheese is a good next step. Then go to White Pepper if you liked The Mollusk better, and to The Pod / Pure Guava if you preferred C&C.

Godweensatan is a personal fav

Getting into them deeper tonight. More songs like I Don't Want It? This might be the best break up song I've ever heard