This is an awful awful album. What black midi is doing on here is false innovation...

This is an awful awful album. What black midi is doing on here is false innovation. They take all the adjectives you could describe their previous work with and take them to the extreme. Its pushing the farthest it can in the directions towards being more chaotic, more technical, more progressive, more eclectic, more quirky, and more surreal. When you take all these factors to the maximum degree without any other care given towards actual meaningful songwriting you get a muddled mess of noise. It isn't anything new. It isn't exploring around to find something new, it's going upward along the poll of extremity until you reach not heaven but hell. This isn't an "abrasive" album, but it sure is a fucking mess.

Attached: ab67616d0000b273079bc2bd9ea16956274efc24.jpg (640x640, 343.93K)

Filtered

black midi is just baby’s first prog for poser kids on TikTok that want to act like they’re intelligent for listening to “different” music. Also, look at all their stupid music videos which were clearly made with no reason other than the hope of “haha I hope our cute lil animated video goes viral :)”

OP is right

you sound media poisoned. think about context, think about the people who made, think about the conditions and the small amount of time between albums, the constant shows.

>listening to Any Forums approved albums

Attached: A833F62E-D89E-48A7-9C24-76D3A5CAF972.gif (173x267, 2.51M)

poisoned mind you have. "everything's a conspiracy, everything's a trick and they're all out to get you suckers!"

checked and based

I actually think black midi is a good band. Cavalcade is one of my favorite albums of the decade so far. It was the perfect synthesis of everything that made them unique and interesting. Hellfire is just too far.

In simpler terms, it's the case of pushing things too far as to make the music asocial.

Yes pretty much. It's sort of like a 2022 trout mask replica. Except that album actually was original and actually is fun to listen to.

they're a few kids in their early twenties trying to make a living, hammer out songs for the label to keep it going. I just can't see any of this as a big statement we should be concerned about if we don't think it's good.

Experimental music meticulously engineered for redditor consumption

>REDDIT
Think of another scapegoat you faggot

"When you want to do something original...use something as a model or inspiration that you know you definitely can’t do," Greep hassaid. “Your failure will be interesting.”

And he's right. Their work, whether it's a failure at what they intended or not, is definitely interesting and I personally see a lot of merit in the album. It's ambitious, artful, enjoyable, and a cohesive collection. Sadly though, all of their albums so far are eclipsed by what they do live. I think anyone who just hears "a muddled mess of noise" is somehow just blocking out what's actually there, because it's really not that chaotic or noisy for the most part. Too often Any Forums focuses on things external to the music, and not the substance of it.

Oops, seems I pinched a nerve there. You should go back.

Fair. I'm just sharing why I don't think it's very good. And also why "acclerationism music" is bad.

No you should

>engineered for redditor consumption
Nice try at a meaningful critisism man.

Greep has an interesting philosophy, however generally I don't agree with it, as I believe you should look for something new create instead of taking advantage of your own inability to successfuly replicate something else. Its lazy.

Not a single artist has ever created a piece of art that isn't at least somewhat derivative of an idea/theme that already exists. the sooner you dispose of the childish fantasy you call "originality", the sooner you'll be able to enjoy things for what they are and not what you think they copied.

For me it's more of an issue here with bad songwriting and bad ideas rather than than lack of originality.

Listen to more music, this album is not that technical and definitely not messy.