/prod/ - music production general

"Life Is Like A Dream..." Edition

Post what you're looking for in feedback.
GIVE feedback to GET feedback.

Upload WIPs to Vocaroo (or any other user site). You may NOT link to Soundclouds, Bandcamp - anything resembling self-promotion will be ignored.

Resources:
>Pastebin - Links, books, videos, articles, tutorials
pastebin.com/qtDwktHP

>/prod/ wiki
mu-sic-production.wikia.com

>Mixing Secrets and misc. resources
mediafire.com/folder/64bx81yayqzch/Production

Previous: Daily /prod/spiration: youtube.com/watch?v=dc_Ulob124c

Attached: F2F7756E-900E-4323-B008-28C3B9495454.jpg (1900x1357, 429.46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/1EytiKV7xKqp
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

number one advice to improve the most? remaking tracks? watching and applying tutorials? what is it?

all of it, making tracks, remaking tracks, remixing tracks, watching tutorials, reading books, experimenting by yourself, learning an instrument, jamming live, getting a producer gf, etc

>remaking tracks
Don’t do this btw

>getting a producer gf
Sounds comfy

Consistent practice that is both challenging and formed based off self analysis.
Cutting down time on internet

Sorry for not writing the thing yet, been busy/emotionally exhausted because of that thing

>Consistent practice that is both challenging and formed based off self analysis.
it's too hard i hate it

Attached: 1583216026278.png (798x448, 306.11K)

How do most of you write/develop your songs? I usually record ideas/fragments and then either loop them to come up with other parts or revisit them and then expand later when an idea comes to my head.

>music production general
>barely anyone makes music
I was going to act surprised but I do know the website I'm on after all

I make a lot of really small unfinished projects, and don't really force it. Sometimes I feel that a song has potential, and that motivates me, and then I usually make 70% of the track that day.

what's the best external sample editor for ableton?

>I don't have any recording equipment though? My keyboard literally doesn't even have a recording function.
just use a midi keyboard and record the midi. daws have the recording function.
or literally just draw notes in the piano roll with your mouse like most producers.
honestly if you can use notation software i bet a daw is gonna be easy as shit for you and a way better ux.
once you're making good music with midi and vsts and you understand how your daw works, which should be no prob for you if you're already composing nice stuff, just get a basic microphone and record some of your playing and arrange it.

remaking tracks
imo, you should watch tutorials just to answer specific questions, and not just watching and applying tutorials to gain general knowledge. that can very easily become a distraction from actually making music you like.
like if you want to make X sound, or mix in Y style, or something, tutorials are good for that.
but for the most part, the music you enjoy already contains all the info you need to know how to make music like that. you just need to pay close attention.

Well, I don't know about other posters, but the reason i don't post anything is because of 4chans advertising rules

>Come up with as many ideas with forward movement as possible for one instrument
>come up with complimentary parts on another
>stitch together into song and repeat with other instruments

Why

just post vocaroos like it says in the OP, that's not advertisement

post yours

vocaroo.com/1EytiKV7xKqp

made this shit for a Any Forums album
think ill make it weirder and actually use it when i make my own ep

Attached: 1654187620447.jpg (500x505, 41.25K)

i know what it says in the op user. but i also know myself. if i see people saying they like my shit, i'm going to be very tempted to drop my bandcamp link so i just avoid the whole situation all together. i listen to other peoples shit and usually reply tho

I couldn't even imagine something like this working kek alicia keys over wubstep. love it bro.

also I'm not sure if it's just a fortunate coincidence, or if you stretched it a bit on purpose (would be 200 iq if you did it on purpose) but during the hook, when she sings "with you", the swing on top of the beat is amazing

chad