If you do not fully understand music theory then you are NOT a musician and should not be making music

If you do not fully understand music theory then you are NOT a musician and should not be making music.

Simple.
As.

Attached: Fact.jpg (220x221, 6.86K)

i can't filter the same frogs 5000 times but i can filter "music theory" once

What do you consider understanding music theory? There are some musicians that can read music and identify rhythm and pitch from a sheet but prob can't compose something original. Then there are people(ie. Beatles, Zappa, etc) that weren't classically trained and couldn't read or write music but understood, rhythm, time signatures, melody, etc better than a lot of classically trained musicians prob did. And there is freestyle jazz which relies on improvisation and ignores western ideas of music theory but can still sound pretty good.

If you can’t teach music at a professional level then you shouldn’t be making music. Hooking up your shitty drum machine to a delay pedal is not music.

seethe cause i can do five power chords for 4 minutes and it will be a song

And thats all you can do

I consider myself a recording artist, not a musician

Cringe

Cope

No one fully understands music teory because it is infinite and merely descriptive of some of the infinite number of possibilities of interactions between sounds. Also, it´s an abstraction created by humans, music a whole another thing ;)

based take

Ambient music tends to transcend what people can write in theory but can be pretty nice.

Thats not the point you lazy cunts. At the very least you can learn the basics.

nah you can also just throw shit at the wall and see what sticks to spice things up

samefag

nah I'm a different person lol

based

>Posts as a frog
>Opinion discarded

Nope. And spare me your screenshot, we all have cell phones.

A lot of music wouldn't exist if this was the case

Happy to ruin your day once again. I always win.

Attached: I always win.jpg (800x1200, 67.85K)

Then I'll just do what I please with sound. I don't need people to consider me a musician.

Sound is my medium, and my passion.
FACT

just like the notes that sound good together simple as

Your farty synth noises drenched in reverb is fucking garbage and every zoomer needs to stop trying.

Ambientfag Cope. Its not music. You're just manipulating sine waves.

That's all sound retard

You suck, Louis Armstrong!!

Attached: ZK3UEC6WXOMXKIVMOXYAE6XTOU.jpg (1400x1065, 138.74K)

Based

Cringe

>"music"

samefag