I own this 4-track cassette recorder but it has a problem where any time I try to rerecord over something the new...

I own this 4-track cassette recorder but it has a problem where any time I try to rerecord over something the new recording sounds muffled and quiet, anyone know what the problem is?

Attached: cws46gzlted0acztmaww.jpg (800x533, 69.71K)

Go to Any Forums
All you're gonna get here is people like me saying you bought into a dead meme and late to the whole lofi bedroom scene. Just use a daw and a tape vst if you want some crust.

you are re-recording over the same track when this happens? How new is the tape you're using?

>you are re-recording over the same track when this happens?
i'm not OP but c'mon man:
>any time I try to rerecord over something

Op is retarded and doesn't understand why people use 4 track tape machines in the first place? got it.

If OP wants clear and loud (opposite of muffled and quiet), why use a tape machine?

well this post isn't helpful
this board is chud central

Cont; and op is also retarded for not knowing how tape works. Recording two instruments onto the same track is going to degrade the audio quality (usually this is what you want, though.. it's the whole point of using one of these machines)

Op is retarded for buying something without knowing why they bought it. Op just had money to burn and saw people were using 4 tracks, bought one without doing any research, and is now stuck with another audio device that will collect dust along with OP's teenage engineering synths and gimmicky midi controllers.

have you tried adjusting the recording volume

It is helpful. I'm saying the tape machine is working as intended. You're retarded for buying it and not knowing the appeal of these machines.

You want clear recordings? Use your fucking computer. Dates are great, stop buying shit you don't need. No amount of gear is going to fix your lack of talent.

>Dates
*DAWs

Go pirate Ableton, pirate some Vests, improve your songwriting talents, save your patents' money, do research on gear you'll actually benefit from. Don't buy things just because other people bought them.

No it's not, all analogue recording is still viable, it just has a different workflow. user's not saying the recording doesn't come out clear, just when they record over it. Tape does not degrade substantially with one re-record

>Vests
VSTs

(It's weird, autocorrect doesn't correct the words til I'm done with the sentence... Like, I made sure it's said "vst" and "daw", I double checked, moved into the next line, and it recorrected the word that I already fixed... Fucking garbage ass Samsung and their gay gook version of android...)

Op is recording on top of the previous recording. They aren't erasing the previous recording, they are trying to have two separate recordings play at the same time on the same track.

i turned off autocorrect because im not a lazy mofo like you

>I made my life harder because it makes me feel superior
Pure autism.

>admits to having tiny thumbs
Lol. Get outa here, small hands. The men are talking.

That's not what user said. Again, this is why clarification questions are important. You THINK he means bouncing two tracks together to a single track, but he didn't specify that. RECORDING OVER a tape means ERASING THE TAPE BY RECORDING NEW MATERIAL OVER IT. I don't think you understand multitrack tape recording. It's perfectly fine you don't ever have to think about this because you use a DAW but best not to offer an opinion. The solution to a problem is not to throw out the problem

>RECORDING OVER a tape means ERASING THE TAPE BY RECORDING NEW MATERIAL OVER IT
It means that, but now you're assuming OP actually knows the standard definitions and is t just saying words. Op is retarded, duh. They're trying to have 2 recordings play off one track.

Tranny hands typed this

Hey OP, have you tried cleaning your tape for semen between recordings?
I know it might sound silly, but you'd be surprised how much semen the average tape recorder spews out on a single recording.

Does it do the same when recording through all tracks or just one? What is the age and quality of tape? What is OP recording? Looks like a new machine.

>RECORDING OVER a tape means ERASING THE TAPE BY RECORDING NEW MATERIAL OVER IT.
If OP WAS doing this, they wouldn't have problems... Stop assuming OP knows what they're doing.

>he fell for the analog meme

Attached: rofl.png (360x346, 141.61K)