Hellfire is now the best Avant-Prog and best Brutal Prog album according to RateYourMusic

Hellfire is now the best Avant-Prog and best Brutal Prog album according to RateYourMusic.

Attached: black-midi-hellfire-1652024117.jpg (700x700, 1.19M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Mi1hFqH9LXo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

"we did it"- greep

New releases are overrated on RYM everyone should know this but that said it’s a really good album
Cavalcade>Hellfire>Schlagenheim

Neither genre exists anyway, so I'm okay with this.

must be a real shame for all you pleb tourists who can't find good brutal prog album outside a fucking RYM chart lol

Just had a quick listen. Not bad, but it seems like a casual version of mid quality sporkcore RIO, especially the 90s scene like 5UUs. Can't believe Zoomers think this is anything more than average.

Lmao

A review of hellscape by black midi

It honestly disgusts me that people are calling this shit "rock" music. This is a fucking disgrace, and really highlights how far rock as a genre has fallen. REAL Rock Music is AC/DC, Rose Tattoo, Guns and Roses, Led Zepplin, Aerosmith and INXS. This isn't rock, This is shit.

Honestly though, they named themselves Black Midi? Are you FUCKING kidding me? Fuck these guys, do they even have any idea what a BLACK MIDI is? It takes hours to compose Black Midi music and incredible hardware to even attempt playing it. These guys literally just have a fucking seizure on their guitar and call it a day, fucking no time is put into it at all, it lacks soul, just as the band lacks any fucking talent when it comes to naming themselves.

I am so fucking livid, I can't fucking take it anymore, people guarding these talentless hacks with the guise of it being "experimental" or "Avante-Garde" or even "Neo-Prog-Rock" or whatever the kids are calling it these days. If you like this kind of shit get your epileptic friend, give him your guitar and turn on the fucking strobe light, because you just created your very own Black Midi guitar solo.

The only member of the band with talent is the drummer, and he's black.

Another thing that really grinds my gears about this fucking god awful fucking band is that they used a mobile phone to play a sample through an electric guitar pickup, and this dude sits on his ass on his phone while the drummer does all the hard work. Fucking Millenials always on their fucking phones, even during a live performance.

In closing, I'd honestly rather listen to 21 pilots while watching the live-action Garfield movie because this is just fucking awful.

Fuck this band.
Fuck this album.
1.34/57

Drummer score:
32/43.8

>REAL Rock Music is AC/DC, Rose Tattoo, Guns and Roses, Led Zepplin, Aerosmith and INXS. This isn't rock, This is shit.
>INXS
>REAL Rock Music

Attached: lupin-the-third-make-it-rain-money.gif (320x230, 558.29K)

It's great but rym is cancer.

Pasta for pasta

Nobody gives a shit what your opinion is. You have brain damage. You are a brain-damaged bonobo ape with oxygen deprivation who is incapable of making even the most biased and subjective assessment of music today.

The reason you hate black midi is simple: they are young and successful, and you are young and insufferable. People listen to your music and think "God, I CAN'T wait until this is over!" Zoomers listen to black midi and think, "God, I cannot WAIT until their next album!". That's the distinction: you're talentless, without even the basest surface-level inspiration; you're a worthless, rotten, tasteless, talentless, alcoholic nothingness with nothing to show. The largest North American and united kingdom publishing corporations have no interest in your music beyond you're unwillingness to compromise your artistic vision for mass-market appeal.

For this reason, I salute you. Dangerous liaisons, 27 questions, the race, these songs are beyond the casual listener. These compositions cumulatively encompass a greater mythology which is only yet becoming established. Shame and heartache upon the haters, they are impotent idiots who are easily forgotten; Geordie Greep is a one-in-a-lifetime poet and auteur who will one day deliver us from the base evils of physicality and free our psyches from the mortal coil which binds us.

recency bias. uncle meat is the rightful number 1 avant prog album

Getting really tired of seeing this thing posted everywhere like it’s even a top 20 album this year

Kek, that top ten has one good album on it.

>"Brutal prog"
>go in expecting something brutal
>it's just prog with the gay shit turned to 11

Attached: 239.png (600x403, 245.83K)

Try this one
youtu.be/Mi1hFqH9LXo

Uncle Meat is the shit

>”brutal prog”
hahahaha omg lol
>wwyd to prog BRUTAL EDITION

HELLFIRE exemplifies a solipsistically caucasoid mobius strip of process for its own sake in which the meekest knob-twisting and notably unremarkable microevents are passed off as intrepid to a chin-stroking gaggle of seated yes-men whose sense of adventure was forgotten in their pocket protector. Profoundly boring proceedings limp along indefinitely as one wonders if TIMBUK THREE were maybe not that (comparably) bad; at least their "future" was, if not musicologically futuristic, invoked in name. These intolerably sterile exercises in academic thumb-twiddling function as a sort of anti-olympics in which dullness is championed for dullards who forgot to try to get laid. the cerebral nature of the sonic desolation insulates its uselessness.
perhaps the players of, yawn, Black Midi could remove their tie-clips and imbibe something stronger than "coffee".

I'm trans btw, forgot to mention.

the best parts on the album aren't the 300bpm shredding shit like sugar/tzu, I found the slower paced but easier to digest tracks like Eat Men Eat to be much better and much more provocative.