The 2nd most sold album in the history

>The 2nd most sold album in the history
>no one talks about it
>no one knows a single song in it
>people barely cares/cared about Meat Loaf
>can't even say it sounds like shit because i never heard it
what gives? why it sold better than stuff like DSOTM?

Attached: Bat_out_of_Hell.jpg (500x500, 60.76K)

My mom loves that album

it really is a mystery, must've been some big hype that died fast. every album after only sold average 150,000 until he released Bat out of Hell II which sold 15 million.

It’s a magnificent album, you should listen to it. I still know every lyric from listening to it every day when I was 14.

>Old fag reporting in..
I bought it for the HOLY SHIT cover alone and was disappointed that the music didn't align. Granted it's a monumental effort with a few good songs but it's ruined by it's kitchyness, perfect for radio at the time.
Also, the band is just playing the arrangements which are technically challenging but not 'playing' if you know what I mean.

Wall of sound production does not help either. Better off enjoying his lead track on Ted Nugent's Free for All

Attached: download (3).jpg (225x225, 12.24K)

I cannot be THAT old. I am only 29. I have a hard time believing an american has never heard bat out of hell, paradise by the dashboard light, or 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

In regards to the kitchiness of it, that was the point. The whole theme of the album has to do with these "sayings" (there is a better word I cannot think of at the moment).

Granted, all the music was written by a kike and the music is not groundbreaking. But this album is not obscure, I can literally sing every song, most just from hearing on the radio as a child.

Bat out of Hell [Epic, 1978]
Here's where the pimple comes to a head--if this isn't adolescent angst in its death throes, then Buddy Holly lived his sweet, unselfconscious life in vain. The lyrics offer wit amid heat and power (will "lyric-sheet verse" soon turn into the macho converse of "greeting-card verse"?) and the music pulls out the stops quite knowingly (will Phil Spector soon be remembered as the Rachmaninoff of rock and roll?). Occasionally it seems that horrified, contemptuous laughter is exactly the reaction this production team intends, and it's even possible that two percent of the audience will get the joke. But the basic effect is grotesquely grandiose. Bruce Springsteen, beware--this is what you've wrought, and it could happen to you. C-

Attached: christgau1med.jpg (400x266, 17.21K)

>widest disparity between coolness of album art and cringiness of content
Almost on par with Journey's cool sci-fi covers for albums filled with love songs.
I wonder how many copies were sold based on album art alone?

It's not obscure but definitely forgotten if you compare with Thriller and DSOTM that are still relevant and people still listen to the songs in those albuns

Meat Loaf looked like he ate too much meat loaf if you know what I'm meaning

The rock songs have aged badly but the ballads are kino. Heaven Can Wait and For Crying Out Loud are amazing.

AIN'T NO DOUBT ABOUT IT WE WERE DOUBLY BLESSED
CAUSE WE WERE BARELY SEVENTEEN AND WE WERE BARELY DRESSED

Another classic album produced by none other than based Todd Rundgren, someone that Any Forums still doesn't properly respect.

Attached: Todd.jpg (334x331, 56.61K)

It's a 10/10 and anyone who disagrees hates music with SOUL.

is your mom hot? hot moms love meatloaf, tesla, cinderella, and bon jovi.

Part of the quartet of late 70s mega albums along with Hotel California, Rumours, and Saturday Night Fever Soundtrack, and of the four it's the most forgotten and least known to non-boomers.

Black Eyed Peas mastered the art of selling albums based on the covers being infinitely cooler than the music itself.

Proto-Clickbait

It's a perfect rock and roll album. It's impossible to listen to it without at least smiling, if not laughing, and it filters pseuds. Plus it's got Roy Bittan of the E Street band banging out boogie woogie.

>I WOULD DO ANYTHING FOR LOVE
>BUT I WONT DO THAT
What did he mean by this?

buttsex