Why is happy music so based?

Why is happy music so based?

Attached: jeff-lynne-elo-2016-1100.jpg (796x420, 73.05K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=d4_NbuIsuZw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bump

It'a way harder to make than sad music

because it requires pvre sovl

Attached: 3A667E1E-A5D9-4369-83CE-E4934289E1AE.jpg (1500x1500, 297.73K)

this. I make sad music & I'm a fucking twat, son.

how is that so?

It's higher T.
Metal is try hard edge lord music and emo shit is for soppy faggots.
Real chads listen to music that affirms their positive outlook.

Based take. So much metal and emo comes from whiny mfers and way better socioeconomic than people that make positive music

Why is rapey music so based?

Attached: 100-Gecs-press-shot-1.jpg (390x248, 46.4K)

Yes it is. That's why you know Phoebe Bridgers sucks. All her "music" is slow numb bullshit.

It's so weird. When I was 14 I'd watch interviews on YouTube of Slipknot and Mayhem and think these people were so badass when they were like "fuck this, fuck that". Watching those videos now is so painful. Grown men talking and acting like teens is unbelievably cringe. Real chads are people like OP pic rel.

to be fair those guys at their peak were like 24-25, they were still pretty much kids themselves.

Well Satan, it's fairly easy to lean into the whole "tortured artist" aesthetic and plenty of people will mistake angst for depth. Joyous, celebratory music will often come across as childish or shallow, so you're working against that impression.

Especially as someone who plays an instrument it's pretty easy to make sad sounding music by playing long drawn out chords. It's a lot harder to play joyous music imo,

youtube.com/watch?v=d4_NbuIsuZw
Necrobutcher is 36 interview, and ironically the 29 year old Blasphemer displayed more maturity than him.

>Joyous, celebratory music will often come across as childish or shallow
It's so weird how that works out, since most people as they mature/age tend to listen to more upbeat music and ditch the edgy countercultural stuff they used to like.

all you need to do is play any bullshit softly and slowly

Some people think uptempo songs are childish, but you're a lot more likely to remember a fast song than a slow one. I mean, people do after all seem to remember Hound Dog and Viva Las Vegas more than Elvis's bazillions of ballads.

that's how I know music has been kaput in recent years. the last great uptempo pop anthem was, uh, Shake It Off?

Shake it Off is such a banger

This is so true it hurts. I want to make things that have emotional ambiguity and allow sounds to just be sounds for the sake of sounds but all I can do is stupid happy shit that sounds awful and is still stupid hard to make. What do good musicians do when they feel that their output doesn't match how they feel?

I heard that song in a department store the other day and forgot how absolutely fucking awful it is.

It didn't exactly age that well...