New song is literal hot garbage

>new song is literal hot garbage
>mask designs are getting samey and idiotic looking
this is slipknot's downfall isnt it?

Attached: attachment-michael-pfaff-tortilla-man-slipknot-2022-new-mask.jpg (1620x1080, 87.63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PeEWC457THk
youtube.com/watch?v=Ft9U3wRcKSg&ab_channel=ThePit
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

yeah it's pretty gay and the fucking fans are the worst ever they constantly suck off whatever half assed shit they put out

and also FUCK CLOWN that guy is like what, 60? the way he acts in these videos is pathetic. a Slipknot disco ball? get the fuck outta here with your "art" you pretentious asshole.

Reminder: Slipknot peaked on MFKR.

Attached: Mfkralbum.jpg (240x240, 17.07K)

>mask gimmick was played out by Vol. 3 and they survived it
>All Hope Is Gone was Stone Soured to hell and they survived it
>they lost what were allegedly core members and they survived it
>they've survived Corey Taylor being interviewed like 5 times a week and him being a total retard in every single one of them
>they've survived injecting more and more buttrock into their music
This ship is unsinkable, user.

Attached: index.jpg (299x168, 7.47K)

one more thing and then I'm outta here, but it hasn't sounded like 9 people are writing the music in a long, LONG time. all I ever hear is maybe 4 instruments and it's all become a bunch of noise at this point

There was never 9's people worth of music going on from the beginning

They haven't been good since All Hope Is Gone dog. There's been some decent moments here and there since then but they are rapidly devolving. Both new songs sound like AI generated Slipknot songs, just what you'd expect from them with nothing new or particularly good. Their first four albums are all excellent variations on a unique and powerful take on death metal/new metal and they'll always be there to listen to.

Self titled album is arguably the closest they got to the 9 person powerhouse idea.

>lots of samples and scratches from Craig and Sid
>lots of backing vocals from Chris and Clown, unlike the majority of songs post-Iowa where it appears to all be Corey
>Jim and Mick had lots of personality and bounced off each other a lot on the first four albums where nowadays it sounds like one boring guitarist instead of two interesting ones

Jim wasn't around for recording the ST it was the other guy but I get what you're saying. Jim made his audio debut on Iowa and peaked around Vol. 3 and ever since then the guitar riffs have gotten pretty meh.

>Fan since i was 8 years old (30 now)
Let me explain why Slipknot sounds and look so different now then in the early days.

>Slipknot (1999)
Was written by Paul, Joey and Josh (member till 1999)
Clown did little to nothing on that album (wrote parts of Tattered & Torn)
>IOWA
Jim joined during the recording process of Slipknot (1999), and only recorded 3 songs (Purity/Me Inside/Re recording of Spit It Out, the album version we know was self recorded in 1997/98)
IOWA was written by Paul/Joey and Jim, after their last show on Nov. 1st 2000 (Last Self Titled show) they went straight to Pauls brothers basement and started writing IOWA.
Corey for example rather went and recorded demons for what would become new Stone Sour two years later (yeah Corey never cared much about Slipknot).
Corey didn't even write the lyrics to The Heretic Anthem (Joey did), and Joey wrote the main riff as well.

Attached: Jim Root In Studio Recording IOWA.png (690x480, 335.95K)

PT.2

>Vol.3
After Corey and Jim came back from touring with Stone Sour, Corey wanted more melody in Slipknot.
Every band member contributed to the album, though the main song writers where Joey and Jim.
Paul did the fine tunings of the songs, but do to his drug addiction couldn't concentrate for a long time.
Fine fact: Circle was partially recorded during Ozzfest 2001 in their studio Bus.
If you listen to the song closely you will notice Corey voice being lower in the 2nd half of the song do to him recording that part in 2003 after years of hard drinking.
>All Hope Is Gone
A complete shitshow.
Paul only wrote one song (Gehenna one of the only good songs that sounds like Slipknot), and Joey wrote Gematria (the 2nd good song).
Jim wanted to write the old way but neither Joey nor Paul cared anymore.
Jim said that Joey came in one day, recorded all the drum parts and went home without saying anything.
Jim tried to make them all sit down but failed.
The entire album is Jim trying to make the demos the band recorded sound as good as possible.
He fucking hated the album.
And no, Corey and Clown didn't do jack shit again.
>The Gray Chapter
Long story very short:
Jim wrote the entire album alone in his garage.
Paul being dead, and Joey kicked out, made him the only song writer left.
The other members just went "Yeah Jim you can do it".
The good thing for Jim is that all the money went into his pocket (Clown and Corey are still listed as writers for some fucking reason).
>WANYK
Same thing, Jim did all the work.
Corey yelled on the album and clown hit a beer keg with a baseball bat.
At this point it was already the Jim Root Band.
Even the electronic parts are made by him, Craigh and Sid didn't write shit either.
And Jewberg is just recording what Jim programmed on his computer.
>The End For Now
Jimmy doing all the writing again.
But wait Corey plays a trombone on the album, so it's different.

Attached: Jim root Mopar.jpg (540x627, 113.35K)

Poor Jim has to do all the music, and their retard fans still think Corey and Clown are the masters behind the band.

Met Jim, he is a really down to earth guy.
Very friendly and chill, like a cool uncle.

He doesn't care about fame much either, he also spends most of his money on guitars and muscle cars.

Attached: IOWA.jpg (1500x1500, 419.49K)

user.. You have to move on from middle school, slipknot is childish, it's time to let go.

What else is there? i wont listen to country or pop

Actual metal?

such as? i do like ozzy and dio

I'm having a hard time finding sources for a lot of what you're saying but the way you've laid it all out makes me accept it as the truth regardless. Nice job, user

Don't listen to that cunt. Listen to whatever you want.

... but the downfall started at Vol.3 imo

>I'm having a hard time finding sources for a lot of what you're saying but the way you've laid it all out makes me accept it as the truth regardless. Nice job, user
Thanks!

Got all that from magazines (collected magazines with Slipknot on cover since 2001), Youtube interviews and DVDs.
The best source is the Jim Root DVD from 2013
>See
youtube.com/watch?v=PeEWC457THk
Also the IOWA 10th Anniversary DVD (2001) has a lot of good infos
>See
youtube.com/watch?v=Ft9U3wRcKSg&ab_channel=ThePit

Attached: Jim Root 2001.jpg (720x719, 101.92K)

I assume you've tried Slipknot's peers like System of a Down and Mudvayne? Not that you have to find one better than the other but there's a lot of music out there even if you're only into one type of thing.

The chorus is nice but yeah the rest of the song is shit.