/prod/ - music production general

"Time Enough At Last..." Edition

Post what you're looking for in feedback.
GIVE feedback to GET feedback.

Upload WIPs to Vocaroo (or any other user site). You may NOT link to Soundclouds, Bandcamp - anything resembling self-promotion will be ignored.

Resources:
>Pastebin - Links, books, videos, articles, tutorials
pastebin.com/qtDwktHP

>/prod/ wiki
mu-sic-production.wikia.com

>Mixing Secrets and misc. resources
mediafire.com/folder/64bx81yayqzch/Production

Previous: Daily /prod/spiration:
youtube.com/watch?v=Hw27WpM8AxY

Attached: 1657735940513 (3).jpg (1039x1187, 169.95K)

Other urls found in this thread:

voca.ro/1dPUNlEkRC6a
vocaroo.com/1e9Xn6eTHRlz
vocaroo.com/1k76VV4CMvQ6
youtube.com/watch?v=ibZsiz6kf5U
youtube.com/watch?v=XNtCXqkT4vU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Nobody's up making music huh

of all hobbies musicians are the least vocal communities. you can write with programmers day in and day out but getting to chat with musicians almost never happens. just having a small amount of people posting is already a lot

Challenged myself to put as much contrast into a song as possible with interesting results

voca.ro/1dPUNlEkRC6a

I'm at my brother's house and all my gear is at mine so yeah.

Also, how the fuck do you make something simple sound good? Like a simple chord progression.

What do you guys think of my new track?

>Also, how the fuck do you make something simple sound good? Like a simple chord progression.
You don't. That's the secret. Few things are special or good on their own. Everything depends on context.

The 00s called, they want that wack shit back

just don’t use chords

Kinda hard to move out of my comfort zone and stop playing the same fucking chords, any tips? No, I don't want some chord-making software

I have a piece of paper and a pencil with me most of the time, so whenever I hear an interesting chord progression or something else, that I want to study, I write it down and look it up when I'm home again.

do a bunch of covers

I came here to see if anyone has the remastered megadubb 7. one of the dj dubbi’s were saying there’s a link
I know some of you /prod/ anons are dubbi.

this is actually a good suggestion and I've started doing it a bit slowly with easy songs so while I'm not really learning new chords, I'm learning ways to put them together and shit. Thanks user.

vocaroo.com/1e9Xn6eTHRlz

volume warning

vocaroo.com/1k76VV4CMvQ6

looney toons with oomph

>transcribe MIDI/cover your favorite songs by ear
worthless advice. nobody actually does this, and it doesn't help anything.

Attached: 1657955839955.png (929x1175, 370.67K)

it's actually the thing that helps most and everybody does it

youtube.com/watch?v=ibZsiz6kf5U

can i get help dissecting what synths/instruments are used in this track? not the drums just the instrumentation

What is your favourite piece of advice?

(Gonna re-up this one more time just in case)
youtube.com/watch?v=XNtCXqkT4vU
Going insane trying to follow this tutorial. When I have everything routed to its proper place it's all super quiet and none of the dials inside Abbey Road work, and when I route stuff back to Master it sounds correct.
It doesn't all route to the correct track either, the snares come out of the TOM2 track for example.

Attached: file.png (3072x1824, 344.15K)