What's supposed to be so bad about this album that makes metalheads cope and seethe so much?

what's supposed to be so bad about this album that makes metalheads cope and seethe so much?

Attached: 1627491241374.png (1425x1405, 3.6M)

It's just shit. It's okay if you like it, I just hate it because it sounds like shit to me.

N

This is one of these albums that for some reason I treated as my personal canon when I was a kid, but a recent full-relisten revealed that now it's just an ok 6/10, outside the biggest (overplayed) songs there's nothing more to care about.

Cowboys is better.

cowboys is the best

Wrong this was their best album

Attached: 4FEFB091-4B47-4A2D-BCD8-F3004BA4854C.jpg (600x600, 142.72K)

it's just low-iq

wtf it's a fantastic album. southern groove metal with a splash of hardcore. Mouth For War is basically a hardcore song.

personally i liked far beyond driven. less of a judas priest pastiche than cowboys from hell. excessively ringy production dialled back compared to vulgar display of power. nice bit of groove to the rhythm section
(no idea about the subsequent 2 albums. never listened to them much)
listening to it again (for the first time in years), prompted by this thread - i think it's better than ok. i suppose 6/10 is fair
so i guess that makes it a good 6/10?
one of those albums that can only blow your mind when young the once, i guess

Because they got bullied by a redneck in a Pantera shirt years ago and still hold a grudge

Basically a certain sect of metalhead likes to identify strongly with the guy on the cover getting punched.

for me, its godhammered

Attached: yumyum.jpg (1824x2558, 1.13M)

still can't believe pantera died in a plane crash in '89...

Megadeth exists so Pantera is redundant and there is no reason to listen to them

Metallica can make Rust in Peace but Megadeth can’t make Ride the Lightning

Cowboys > I Am The Night > Great Southern Trendkill > Power Metal > Far Beyond Driven > Vulgar Display of Power > Metal Magic

Attached: 1592968774443.gif (250x250, 86.55K)

Nah but we're talking about Pantera here

For me "Walk" is the worst song, it's the simplest and most overused. It got on my nerves alot.

Dave wrote like 75% of what you named.

>ranking metal magic so low

Attached: A1CD8DCF-DF36-4CC8-86D4-3D204944BA6A.jpg (1080x564, 166.04K)

Incorrect. In fact, as you can see Mustaine has songwriting credits on both Ride the Lightning and Call of Ktulu. Meanwhile James and Lars have no songwriting credits on Rust In Peace. So I guess it's over for Metallica.

Attached: RTL.jpg (1294x1119, 250.09K)

REVENGE
I'M SCREAMING REVENGE AGAIN
WRONG

It was/is popular

>Mustain

What did they mean by this?

Mustiaine wrote most of Ride the Lightning, you fucking retard

YOU KEEP THIS LOVE FIST LOVE SCAR LOVE BREAK

Attached: 6bf.jpg (344x655, 122.35K)

>Dave Mustard

>Clif Burton
>Skirk Hammett

I fucking love Skirk

So why can’t he be heard on the actual album?

>Made In India
Good morning sirs