How do you find songs to play on guitar?

I've been playing for 10 years now but taken it more seriously for the past 4 years. I always run into the same problem, I have nothing to play. I play the same riffs for about an hour a day and then put down the guitar. The music I usually listen to is either just chords or something that requires an entire band to sound good. Going through my playlists I always find excuses not to learn anything new.
I also forget how to play songs if i don't play them for like a week lol

How do you find songs to play? should I take the improv pill, get a loop pedal and jam? Should i just try to build up a repetoire of songs?

Attached: guitarapu.png (1009x962, 427.58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/T9UnlRZR8tg?t=516
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I don't understand your question. Go look up well known songs and find the tabs/youtube videos for them and learn them that way. Look up albums of rock bands you like and pick songs from there.

>I also forget how to play songs if i don't play them for like a week lol

Even actual guitarists of songs forget how to to play them. They have to re-learn them everytime they go on tour.

The guitar is an inferior instrument that cis men use to get shallow women. Playing guitar is an infantile disorder. Either graduate to the electronic synthesizer or accept your inferiority.

>says the Lainposter
>an anime used almost exclusively for pretentiousness by troons and zoomers in these times
Yeah you show 'em fag-chan!

Go to Hal Leonard or Mel Bay website. Buy guitar sheet music books appropriate to your skill level. After 10 years you should be branching out in other ways unless you just want to play teen spirit for the rest of your life. Doing so may give you ideas for stuff to write, too, if you write.

im all down with the trans shit but you're actually fucking retarded. out of everything you want guitar players to switch to an electric synth?? kill yourself you dumbass useless piece of shit

>kill yourself
No, I'm too happy.

>you dumbass
I'm highly intelligent actually.

>useless piece of shit
I'm serving a higher purpose on this planet. i'm going to revolutionize music

Synthesizers are the ultimate instrument. They enable the highest degree of sonic expression. Everything else is inferior.

>I'm serving a higher purpose on this planet
You’re posting on an ironic shitposting website, grow up.

>ironic shitposting website
This is why this board needs me. Any Forums has fallen from being boring shit to even worse shit and I'm going to get it back on track on an upward trajectory. It's thankless work but I know I'll be remembered fondly in the end.

Same problem. All the guitar songs I like are either difficult, or difficult AND no tabs. Can't name a single easy song that I like

What about your own songs? You haven't just been consooming for 10 years?

Can you guys not play by ear?
You don't come off as very intelligent. You come off as a smug Dunning-Kruger midwit with bad taste and a penchant for shitposting.

Genius is generally not recognized in its time, but you'll see the truth when I complete my electronic EP.

I can play melodies and some solos without any complicated techniques by ear, I can't play chords by ear because I don't know any.

The genius can't even come up with enough material to fit an LP?

By all means, play this by ear.

>youtu.be/T9UnlRZR8tg?t=516

Yeah I'm not an earlet so this is actually easy to do. You think this guitar wankery is impressive?

Kek, please post you playing this on vocaroo user. Shouldn't take you long to learn since you're not an earlet, right?

It's actually a flex; it's so groundbreaking that I only need ~20 minutes to make my statement which will revolutionize music.

Honestly you think this is difficult to play? Have you touched a guitar in your life?

It's just a legato run, bunch of singular notes, not that insane user.

Just learn it by ear really quickly and post a vocaroo of you playing it since it's so easy to play user... Y-You do play, right?

Yeah I do play but I'm a bit too drunk to learn and play this, it's not too hard though, might take me about a couple of hours to master that particular section.