Rick Beato

Do people actually dislike Rick Beato? I always thought he just seemed like a genuine guy trying to appeal to the internet era, but it seems some group him in with Adam Neely and Jacob Collier types. I get some of his video titles come off a boomer rage bait but if you watch any of his videos his opinions are reasonable and informed. What are thoughts on Rick?

Attached: rickbeato.jpg (1400x1050, 126.87K)

what makes this song great is inferior to what makes this song stink

>Rick's shorts, theory lessons, interviews, and early episodes of WMTSG
Very good, to the point, and not as patronizing as Neely.
>Rick's lists and later episodes
Closer to algorithm bait. He barely ever comments on things that are on his lists or puts extra effort into making them enjoyable. They might as well be a blog post. It reads like he's starving for content to stay relevant.

Very true. Pat is a great entertainer and personality, and his content is very self-aware/purposefully... itself. Wholesome af. Especially shit like him teaching Soul Sister on ukulele to people at the gas station.

I like the guy. Not in a gay way. He finds greatness and brilliance in all eras of rock and popular music.

he combines mostly education with some entertainment masterfully and is based

i learned a lot about songwriting from him so i can't hate the guy even if he is a boomer half the time

People dislike him because he's on the lower rung of the music industry, has a big studio that his wife paid for, bullied his kid into developing perfect pitch just to show off his teaching methods, keeps plugging his 'book' which is a bunch of scanned handwritten notes for lectures he gave 20 years ago, and keeps doing videos about 'why [boomer rock song] is GREAT' because it has a 7th chord in it or how protools is killing originality in rock yet this dude has 1 production credit to his name for a song that's unfathomably generic sounding. But he styles himself like some sort of rock guru and lectures you on how to achieve success and greatness that he's never demonstrated any ability to create or achieve himself. Say what you want about other music youtubers but at least Collier is out there selling out shows and winning grammys

>has a big studio that his wife paid for
never knew this, what does this wife do?

you don't get to go on a first name basis with Eric Johnson, Peter Frampton and that hairy dude from Bon Jovi while being on the "lower rung" or whatever.
I agree his production credits suck and are awful 00's butt rock nobodies, but the guy definitely has some credentials.

BEATO SOLD 1 MILLION (MILLION WITH AN M) RECORDS

>But he styles himself like some sort of rock guru and lectures you on how to achieve success and greatness that he's never demonstrated any ability to create or achieve himself.
This. Pretty cool and informative otherwise though.

What records?

>What records?
I think it was some bro country song from ~2014

Oh I know of that trash song. I thought he was talking about something else... like an album he wrote on his own.

>bullied his kid into developing perfect pitch
You don't learn perfect pitch. It's something you are born with.

>keeps plugging his 'book'
It's how he makes his money since his videos get demonetized and he doesn't use sponsors.

That pup switch looks like you'd frequently bump it with your playing hand.

maybe if you are some retard with no technique

Beato complains too much like a boomer about modern music, with no self awareness at all. He helped produce post-grunge but rock and wonders why rock music died out. Plus, he is obsessed with theory to the part where the art dissapears, and he forces his kid into to music quite a bit.

I like some of his content

the artist interviews are great and musicians I know really like them, so I think he deserves some credit

I get why people don't like his boomer music boomer analysis - in a way it is content that's about the past, new music done now is something different, so you can dislike him for that

>I get why people don't like his boomer music boomer analysis - in a way it is content that's about the past, new music done now is something different, so you can dislike him for that
its a bit shit though innit blimey its 2 chords and the same fookin melodies all day

He had a good interview with Bernard Purdie recently, definitely worth watching if you're at all interested in drumming as an art/craft

>Not in a gay way.
are you sure user?
he is a silver daddy