30 year old boomers of Reddit, have you stopped listening to new music?

30 year old boomers of Reddit, have you stopped listening to new music?

Attached: 02AC1A48-2E7F-4E76-9FAE-9A0A10F58A7D.jpg (750x992, 535.93K)

I'm 29 and I still find new stuff to listen to that I get really into. It's usually old stuff that's just new to me though.

Ever since I restarted to collect second-hand physical media, I discover a fuck ton every day.

My dad still recommends me new stuff and he's 60
I think it's true of people who don't like music that much

The older you get the more you realize that most new artists are doing the same music of a different older artist but shittier.

Do you find it harder to remember a song even if you like it a lot?

no, why would I?
not at all

Not really
However I do forget about artists that I used to like (my last hard drive broke down)
Makes rediscovering them even better

I grew up in the age of piracy and basically consumed every genre of music known to man, Now we live in a post poptamist world where music is not worth investing time or money into cause its nothing but mumbling niggers or dumb pop sluts.

So sometimes i go back to dig through the pile of music, look through shit i was too cool for back then, or avoided or just didnt know of.

Like im listening to lots of hair metal and visual kei stuff

just remember, every rose has its thorn, just like every night has its dawn, just like every cowboy sings a sad sad song

Attached: brian-wilsonjpg.jpg (1200x747, 62.5K)

Always listening to new music. The music itself isn't always new though if you catch my drift

I don’t really follow new music as it’s coming out (except for bands I’ve always been following that are still active) but I’m always trying to discover new music I haven’t heard before.

t. 28 year old boomer of Reddit

I always listen to new albums everyday, as in music I haven't heard before. But for some reason I barely like any music released in the 2010s. It's so fucking garbage. Maybe another 300 albums from that decade and I'll find something I like.

36. Still find new music constantly, my tastes do still broaden, and I still go to shows.

Yes, I'm 33 and recently discovered I really like experimental/progressive big band

I'm sure they are conflating different things. Most people who are not deep deep into music probably won't go off their way to find new stuff when they are 30+ because they have more responsibilities that require attention like marriage, children, a more advanced job, etc than they did when they were teens/twenties.

Attached: bryonwilson.jpg (736x668, 102.76K)

Fuck no

This thread is the equivalent of a YouTube comments section filled with young children saying “I’m only 12 but I listen to Led Zeppelin” - it’s a space for 30-year-olds to show off how they haven’t stagnated to other 30-year-olds who just want to show off the same thing (and no shit; this is a music board, of course you listen to more new music than the average normies from the survey).

Spoiler: Everyone over 30 on this board is still discovering new music on a regular basis.
Most people don't deep dive when they're younger either. They don't have to in order to discover new music. Makes this survey seems pretty meaningless.

Ok, let me rephrase it: do you get less enjoyment out of listening to new music than you used to?

Not at all.