Why hasn’t there been an emerging music scene in this country for over 20 years?

Why hasn’t there been an emerging music scene in this country for over 20 years?

Attached: 803C58B1-DBAD-47AE-B690-B3CC921EB90E.png (255x128, 2.17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/list/Morgenholt/the-calgary-indie-scene-2008-2021/
m.youtube.com/watch?v=CuifllwrFe0
youtu.be/hq4CLOV4ms8
youtu.be/mwxEv-aOVdI
youtu.be/5kih_NjCBXU
hugeluge.bandcamp.com/album/sex-cop
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Canada as a country has little to no identity. I dont see Canada lasting to the end of the century. Annexation from the United States is inevitable.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 44.83K)

rateyourmusic.com/list/Morgenholt/the-calgary-indie-scene-2008-2021/

everything that comes out of canada is complete shite.

justin biber, nickleback, arcade fire, etc

isnt there an emerging pajeet scene in surrey?

>Women affiliated with 5 of the first 10 albums mentioned

Post rock

Canada is a cultural wasteland excluding Montreal where all of the music comes from

Liberal government doesn't want to financially support artist who might be problematic, the Conservatives who were in office before were throwing money around left and right and made Canadian indie music internationally known and influential as a result. Touring in Canada sucks even worse than touring in other parts of the world there are only a handful of major cities and its just playing the same 8 to 12 places over and over again except in a city with a lot of venues if thats their home town, otherwise it is genuinely almost impossible to get a career going without either government support (arts funding) or selling out as hard as humanly possible.

Correct answer, may I add that a few years ago the Bell Media made an overarching grab of most if not, all major communication television and radio companies and regulated the hell out of them, removing "problematic" radio hosts, dissuading stations from playing local bands, and adhering to strict playlist guidelines.

Local music and independent musicians are still out there producing, but entities like SOCAN and the inevitable passing of Bill C-11 will likely hinder any independent media production unless they allow the Canadian government to have their fingers in the pie.

They peaked here
m.youtube.com/watch?v=CuifllwrFe0

Just a Slav passing by, what are the best Canadian albums?

Attached: Rush Discography.png (960x635, 128.15K)

When has there been an emerging music scene, ьeaи

There’s a small but fun underground music scene in Vancouver at the newly reopened Smilin Buddha Cabaret. They have regular shows and even though I live in Surrey plenty of people I know go pretty regularly. The rock band I’m in has played there a few times and they’ve been great shows

It's still 1986 in canada
youtu.be/hq4CLOV4ms8

Wrong band, this band
youtu.be/mwxEv-aOVdI
youtu.be/5kih_NjCBXU

Rush

wasn't that broken social scene feist heyday with this 20 year time frame?

You wish faggot

Broken social scene - you forgot it in people

hugeluge.bandcamp.com/album/sex-cop

Attached: a0947914156_10.jpg (1200x1200, 458.56K)