What do you think of this album?

What do you think of this album?

Attached: Freak-Out.png (993x1000, 1.6M)

bretty good ngl. very catchy.

Hot rats is the superior Zappa album

Attached: hot rats.jpg (1400x1381, 220.13K)

no

yes

okay but what do you think of the album in the OP

Trouble Every Day has aged like wine

Wish he would have been able to properly finish The Return of the Son of the Monster Magnet even though it's amazing as is

I only liked Hungry Freaks Daddy. Probably the most straightforward pop song in his early career.

ANYWAY THE WIND BLOWS

>Probably the most straightforward pop song in his early career.
wowie zowie

>I DONT EVEN CARE IF YOU WIPE YOUR ASS

MR AMERICA WALK ON BY

This was the very first Frank Zappa/M.o.I album I ever owned.
The vinyl version is 1000x better than the C.D. reissue. First three albums are GOAT!

I only like Joe's Garage and Thing Fish. Am I a bad zappa fan, and if so, how to remedy this issue?

hot rats is just stupid jamming, people only like it because its readily available in vinyl shops because nobody who isnt a faggot wants to own it so its your entry into zappa for cheap

>he named her "Suzie Creamcheese"

Attached: pepe-laugh.gif (498x474, 406.55K)

If you like thingfish you'd probably like a bunch of his late 70s/early 80s stuff as most of that album is songs from that period with rerecorded vocals.

its amazing, one of my favourite albums of all times.

Ray Collins was the soul of the original Mothers.
>Ray Collins dropped quite a bombshell on the Mothers and Frank when he announced, in a Chicago cab on the way to a concert, that he was quitting.
>Art Tripp: We just rode along for what seemed like an hour but it was probably just two minutes. Frank finally asked, “What do you mean?” He said, “Well, I’m leaving!” He didn’t even offer any explanation. I had this crushing sickness in my stomach. I couldn’t believe it. To me, Ray was the unofficial motivator of the whole band. He was just responsible for half of the humor, Ray didn’t really play an instrument, but he was a great singer.
>Everyone was puzzled by this sudden decision, but it eventually was revealed much later.
>Art Tripp: Ray never liked the far-out stuff. He did it and he did it very well, but he never really liked it. Ray was more into, “Woo bop shu bop” - type stuff. Which he was very good at and he is to this day - a golden voice in my opinion. But Ray was a fuckin’ riot, man. He was just so funny and he was so good on the stage. He was good at ad-libbing and he was just good at sight humor and gags. To me, he was just the real essence of the band. I just loved the guy, I didn’t worship him, but damned near, I just thought he was the “cat’s meow” and so when he said he was leaving, I was thunderstruck. In Ray’s own inimitable vagabond way, he just left. He had nothing in mind.

Honestly a pretty decent and interesting project

Very rare for an artist to have such a strong debut album and continue to put out interesting music for the rest of his career.

>just stupid jamming

Sometimes, simplicity is key. :)