Metal Guitar Tones

Do guitar techs take their secret formulas to the grave or something?

Metallica had some of the best guitar tones from Ride the Lightning to ...And Justice for All. They obviously peaked with Master of Puppets. Everything since then felt restrained.

Again, Korn's guitar tones in their self-titled album and Life is Peachy was pretty good. Follow the Leader has its moments, but it's not that same. Issues felt flat and depressing like the rest of their stuff.

Attached: 1647403871367.jpg (554x554, 19.7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/oKsGpl6lgbk?t=355
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Down syndrome fat bitch

It's the producer you mongoloid. No faggot playing a guitar could figure out how to make his own shit sound good. No band is self produced.

Flemming Rasmussen (Danish producer) once posted scans of records of Hetfield's Boogie MKIIC+ guitar settings from the tracking of the Puppets album, and are on the internet.

Places like Gear Slutz (whatever it's called now) have people discussing this kind of thing ad nauseum too, so maybe that's one starting point.

Just remember what you hear on an album is definitely NOT an unadulterated guitar amp sound. It's produced, mixed, and mastered to help create the overall sonic signature.

*blocks you're path*

Attached: brian eno.jpg (680x1024, 100.86K)

Who the fuck is this bitch will someone please tell me I live under a rock.

That's my wife you're talking about bud

Great Iceberg

Attached: 48452F49-9851-4BD6-AA3A-34F4C13B7A56.jpg (1600x900, 294.32K)

obviously if you see a band live their tone will be quite different from how it sounded on the album

>Just remember what you hear on an album is definitely NOT an unadulterated guitar amp sound. It's produced, mixed, and mastered to help create the overall sonic signature.
Once solid state mixing boards and overdubs became normal in the 70s this was true. I guess in the 50s-60s it was more raw and not as processed since, like, Chuck Berry was just jamming live in the studio though the specific studio and mastering would still affect the guitar sound.

Eddie Van Halen never sounded so good again as he did on the first two VH albums.

Yes, though OP was referring to studio albums.
Multitrack recording definitely was a game changer, but certainly those nascent recording techniques of the c.50s had its own charm too.
Probably true, though the guitars on Balance sounded exceptional too.

>thread about metal guitar tones
>niggers talking about chuck berry and producers from the 50s

"metal guitar tones" are shit
t. metal fan

I wouldn't argue that but it's literally the topic of the thread

Imagine Greta on the piss. She gets plastered on everything, taking a particular liking to stouts and dark ales. Also during the night she eats McDonalds for dinner, (fuck vegan when drunk asf ya know?) After her night of drinking she gets a kebab at 4am. She gets home and devours some broccoli.

She gets up in the morning touching cloth. A poo is already awake and rubbing itself on her panties. She hobbles to the toilet holding her guts struggling to contain the tidal wave of shit lapping against the shores of her inner poohole. A few risky farts are squeezed out, so thick they linger. The air has a brown hue to it as she breathes back in her poop, coating her lungs. Now, the moment has arrived. Her ass waters have broken, her pink anus dilated and the grog bog is ready.

Before sitting down on the shitter, the stew starts flying out prematurely on the tiled floor. After slipping on her liquid shit and getting faeces in between her toes she managers to crawl to the toilet. She paints the bowl brown. Her legs shake. It comes out of her like thick pumpkin soup. Chunks are flying, full of corn. There is so much that some splashes back up between her smooth white butt and the toilet seat and hits the ground. Her ass prolapses. She is sure there is blood in the bowl. The smell is nothing like you've ever imagined and gets thicker with each pulsating action of her anus. Tonnes of waste explodes from her little pink anus. The hole is red raw from the amount of waste projecting from her body.

Without wiping she returns to bed where I wait. She lowers her dirty bum on my face and the remnants of poop drip into my mouth and up my nostrils. I can see her butthole winking at me as it tries to regain strength. The Greta Thunburg farts and a nug flies into my mouth. I choke on the ecstacy of the moment, knowing how jealous Any Forums would be of me.

For good measure I shit myself and gently doze off with the sounds of Greta's guts gurgling next to me.

youtu.be/oKsGpl6lgbk?t=355

>No faggot playing a guitar could figure out how to make his own shit sound good. No band is self produced.
it must be hard being this fucking stupid

>They obviously peaked with Master of Puppets
MoP has the worst guitar tone of their first 5 albums. You're a faggot.

>Everything since then felt restrained
it's called "they're old and rich and don't want to drive away the middle aged bikers and wine moms who got into them in the 90's"
also blame Rick Rubin and Greg Fidelman. These niggas have TWO metal records with good guitar tones under their belt and those are Reign in Blood and Vol.3 The Subliminal Verses. Everything else is garbage..

>Do guitar techs take their secret formulas to the grave or something?
Yes but also just recycling the same guitar tone over and over is fucking gay

More like your metal tones are shit

Van Halen
>green channel
>distortion pedal
>reverb
>flanger
>presence 4
>treble and mids 2
>bass 9
You're welcome OP

>MoP has the worst guitar tone of their first 5 albums. You're a faggot.
The only other acceptable answer would be ...And Justice for All.