Is he right about the '30 year nostalgia cycle'?

Attached: FRHX48yXMAAcmWt.jpg (1169x1865, 262.08K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=DGfbDIL3GQM
m.youtube.com/watch?v=lW1mJKbRTB0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

its 20 years, not 30
Gen Z like Y2K early 2000s shit.
Millenials were 90s butllshit

>Paul Joseph Watson
How embarrassing

There is no one length of nostalgia cycle it just chaotically comes back at different times. The only thing not liked is the directly preceding era.

Yes but Morgoth put it ellegantly.

Dumbest thing I've fucking heard in a long time. There is a definitive 30 year gap in all art, and it stems from the last generation becoming 30 or 40 and being in positions to be affect nostalgia.

Then why can nobody make up their mind on the length. Some people say 20, some people say 30, some people say 10 or 15. And no the one youre attached to isnt more right because you feel it.

>Paul Joseph Watson
my brother in christ are you proud of yourself?

kinda but i haven't seen 90s nostalgia everywhere, instead we're letting zoomers resurrect 00s nostalgia despite the fact the 2010s was pretty much the 80s nostalgia decade
Where the fuck is my Sir Mix a Lot revisionism?

Boomers say zoomers have no creativity, and yet who are the people with Bandcamp and SoundCloud pages? who's producing underground/independent music? who's experimenting with non-traditional methods of production and distribution? boomers are like babies in that they lack object permanence. they blame others for their inability to find good music at a time when the internet has provided instant access to every single artist on the planet. what a pathetic and weak mindset

disco was from the late 70s nigga

Something In The Way was trending because of the Batman movie, it was the music in the trailer.

>music is so bad now zoomers have to go back and search for old good stuff like we did in the early 2000s
>somehow this is a bad thing and they need to be mocked for this
why?

Attached: 1604967582599.png (503x408, 10.21K)

The 80s nostalgia has been on since the early 00s and never stopped.
It all just all mangles together.
I feel like there's not much of a real identity after the 90s though, the 00s and 10s feel like a cultural blur, a mix of all past cultures from 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s.

but we had the grunge/alt revival over 10 years ago

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 115.37K)

Morgoroth is based though

zoomers are teenagers and in their early 20s now. We'll have to wait at least a decade to see if they're are indeed talentless little shits

Everything changed after 9/11 but time stopped after 2012. It's all one big cultural churn now. We need to do a Georgia Guidestones and make these little shits suffer so they can make real art after the culling. If that means I die in the fire so be it, all for the greater good of kickass tunes with some motherfuckin soul.

There's heaps upon heaps of zoomer
and even millenial music born directly out of and even thematically referencing the internet era. Once again PJW only skims.

That's literally me. I'm 22 and I almost exclusively listen to music between 1965 and 1985. I blame my dad.

Attached: 1619992210494.png (400x593, 106.83K)

Zoomer here. While I like the beat, the lyrics of Nirvana just suck and I’d rather go much farther back in time when lyrics could be heard and they carried weight. I most enjoy love songs from the 60s

Old people and conservative youtubers will get angry about literally anything as long as it involves young people. If the opposite of this was the case they'd be angry about it too

I don't know what the fuck are you ranting about but yeah something definitely happened in 2012.
Yet, in 2021, something happened again, sort of a positive outcome.
2022 is still a mystery to me.

Obama’s second term was when things started to get very weird, I’m still not sure why. But it’s bizarre how quickly indie was killed: in 2013 it seemed totally healthy and fine, 2 years later all the showspaces in brooklyn had been destroyed, pitchfork was bought out. Another couple years later fantano became a shill and you had cardi b topping the npr and rolling stone top albums lists. Music-scenes utterly self destructed in just a couple years, and it started in 2013-2014, not 2016 like everyone thinks. That’s just when it became extremely visible. But look at some of these cideos and tell me it doesn’t feel like a different civilization you’re watching:
m.youtube.com/watch?v=DGfbDIL3GQM
m.youtube.com/watch?v=lW1mJKbRTB0