Thoughts on this album? i know a lot of people dont like fall out boy, but those who do dont talk about folie much...

thoughts on this album? i know a lot of people dont like fall out boy, but those who do dont talk about folie much... (except like diehard fans)
i really adore this album, i think its their best work. very mature and pretty great musically and lyrically

Attached: Fall_Out_Boy_Folie_À_Deux.jpg (600x600, 58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5JqY-6q-RNA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

everything from Take This To Your Grave to Folie was 10/10. Save RnR was pretty good, but i consider Folie to be the peak of FOB. Everything about the album is perfect.

What A Catch, Donnie is my favorite Fallout Boy song desu

Attached: fallout boy.jpg (789x855, 163.15K)

yeah same here first 4 albums were soo great then the next ones went kind of forgettable.. though getting my hopes up for a next one,... joe wrote in his book the next record will be more of a "guitar album" whatever that meant.. but i do have a good feeling about this

if they would have stripped back the electronic elements on save rnr, it would have been just as good as the earlier albums. they over-produced the fuck out of it. which is sad, because the entire album was recorded with practical instruments, but they processed the fuck out of everything. it'd be cool for a re-release where it's more of a traditional pop rock album with guitar, drums, bass, vocals.

I don't care if it's overproduced, this is still a good song.

youtube.com/watch?v=5JqY-6q-RNA

most of the album is straight bangers

Off all the big last wave of pup punk bands, FOB is the most consistent. I think their legacy is a bit tarnished by their output past this. I think the first four records are great. Although this may be the bottom of those 4 for me, it's not bad by any means. Maybe it's tied for third with TTTYG. Great band that is completely sidelined just for sticking around.

yup over produced it is

Attached: Yoda royal guards.webm (1280x544, 1.27M)

I was always a FOB stan. I adore Evening Out-Folie. People can call it pop trash or overproduced but it still has some of their best and most sonically interesting songs like Water Buffaloes, 20 Dollar Nose Bleed, What a Catch, Shipped Gold Standard and Tiffany Blews. The only song I'm not into is I Don't Care. But other than that, this really is their last great album before they just completely shit the bed.

I don't care what you think as long as it's about me.

>they just completely shit the bed
what's wrong with songs like Centuries or Uwu Thurman

the riff on I Don't Care is great. it's like FOB did a ZZ Top riff

probably because it sounds similar to La Grange

I was always a peripheral fan, would never pay to see them live, but I always liked this album the most from their catalog. I was wat more into mcr

Yeah the riff and the vibe is kinda cool but it's just kinda lame, the rest of it. I understand why othrr people like it tho.

Both awful.

they're literal ass-dookie for starters.

very fun album

Everything up to folie was great, and there isn't a song on folie i don't like. Personally I like some of the songs on Infinity more but others i'm less passionate about. Started losing me after that though. Saving RnR was still mostly good, but some songs on there I'm not too big on. American Beauty/Psycho i only like Centuries, Immortals and The Kids Aren't Alright. Haven't heard anything since.

Also apparently they released a hip-hop remix album in 2015 called "Make America Psycho Again" but I can't really find anything on it besides the wikipedia article. I take it the whole point was to call MAGA psycho or was it just convenient branding for the time?

It's good, probably my 2nd favorite after Cork.
Also the name of my favorite X-Files episode.