Whoever plays extended range guitars is a faggot

There is literally no reason to have this many strings. 7 strings at the most, any more and you're a try hard who is just trying to get attention because you have no skills and you're a faggot. If your lowest string is so thick you should hang yourself with it.

Attached: IMG_20220719_125423.jpg (683x1024, 85.25K)

I completely agree. Have these fags heard of piano? You can hit all sorts of strings on that thing. Let a guitar be a guitar.

Agree. Even bigger pseuds are the bassists who use a five or six strings. Are you too good for 4 strings? I played with one guy that played a 5 string (i play the drums) and he listens to Tool and garbage of that ilk. He now plays a 6 string custom bass. Faggot.

5 strings are useful in theory, but the lowest string usually sounds like rubber shit.

So much great music has been made with 6 string ed guitars and 4 stringed basses, why fuck with the formula? For additional melodics? I just don't get it.

This thread is full of skinny-armed rent boys.

As a bassist and guitarist, yes that all for show.
I can sort of get a 5 string bass for the utility, getting to those low notes in some compositions and also when transposing and not needing to move around as much - to keep the sound for the lower register, as an example transposing a song from E to Eb.
But! Otherwise it's completely unnecessary. With guitars you can just do different tunings to spice things up.

People want to turn guitar into something it's not; reinventing the wheel to have more spokes. The flaws of these instruments are often also part of their virtue/utility. That's why stuff like midi pickups, true temperament frets, robot tuners, etc all of which purport to "fix" the problems of guitar never end up catching on long term.

I own a 5 string bass so i can play DISGUSTING GRIMY RIFFS without tuning my bass down to fucking B

if you can't understand the concept of wanting to be able to play a riff in a low register without losing the capacity to solo or play melodies in high registers, you're just stupid.
7-string guitars are usually tuned to B or A#. Am I supposed to believe that tuning a 6 string to B-E-A-D-F-B is fine, but playing a 7-string tuned to B-E-A-D-G-B-E is gay?

lmao

5 string basses should be the standard, you faggot. 4 was never enough but 5 is perfect.

Definitely agree. Why do people improve things? That's why we still all drive these. Making things better is bad.

Attached: 1639219787562.jpg (1200x673, 169.69K)

I played an 8 string guitar for years but ultimately decided it's not for me. I would rather play a baritone 6 string

Based actual musicians

I’m going to play the chapman stick one day and none of you can stop me

Attached: 0631A9A6-04DF-4960-8185-FFAF9268FE07.jpg (600x415, 152.75K)

>every variation on the combustion engine was an improvement

i don't think 7-string guitars or 5-string basses are an improvement over the original designs but they definitely have their utility.

7-string is the limit of usefulness. Below that you are heading into bass frequency, and that's why the bassists in all those djent bands are usually tuned the same as the guitars, making them completely superfluous. And then if you actually want to make use of the extra range past 8 strings you can't even play the fucking thing like a guitar anymore and have to tap like those chapman weirdos which sounds awful.

Absolutely zero reason to ever go that low on a guitar. Only retards need to downtune that low to feel heavy

>7 strings at the most
if you get an 8 string, you can play in drop E and do massive bar chords with 3 full octaves at play. you're missing out if you've never played an 8 string Em and let it ring out.

i love my 6 string bass. you can do crazy tech-death metal tapping shit like Brain Drill

So you're playing a 6 string guitar?

sure. if you consider a 34" inch surfboard sized neck that's toned an octave lower than guitar a guitar.

Sure as hell no bass you're playing. No shame in not being able to play the ol electric but no need to copy it with a half-assed phony