STOP PIRATING MUSIC

STOP "DOWNLOADING MUSIC" it is simply STEALING. You do understand that all your favorite artists are human too and they have to eat too, don't you? That they have families, too? By illegally downloading their works you are simply commiting THEFT. You are harming your favorite artists when you do this. So stop fucking stealing our songs and support the artists you listen to. You wouldn't fucking go to a football game and steal the fucking ball so why steal songs? Albums are cheaper than ever and legal digital copies exist for you to buy. Pirates are thieves, simple. There is no excuse for piracy (stealing) in this day and age. Thank you.

Attached: antipirate.jpg (580x435, 116.8K)

All my favorite artists are dead so...

Seething artist, make better music and people would buy it. But we all know you won't

I’m going to pirate more now

Attached: BA005369-F698-4742-A6A3-015C64382628.jpg (1200x675, 58.09K)

>Albums are cheaper than ever

Attached: 1502126573907.gif (284x284, 358.98K)

Fuck off Lars

>stealing from the rich bad

Who could be behind this post?

Attached: hooray-for-piracy.jpg (500x497, 43.65K)

To a great extent I agree, but in the case of artists like Radiohead or huge legacy acts, I wouldn't feel bad about it. I regularly purchase my music through Bandcamp, but try to keep it only for working artists who'd benefit the most from it.

If I had to pay for all the music that I have listened in my devices then I would have to spend thousands of euros and I don't have that money to spend just for music. Also, the singers/bands benefit from people downloading their music and spreading it even if it isn't paying for it.

"I reject the term 'piracy.' It's people listening to music and sharing it with other people, and it's good for musicians because it widens the audience for music. The record industry doesn't like trading music because they see it as lost sales, but that's nonsense. Sales have declined because physical discs are no longer the distribution medium for mass-appeal pop music, and expecting people to treat files as physical objects to be inventoried and bought individually is absurd.
"The downtrend in sales has hurt the recording business, obviously, but not us specifically because we never relied on the mainstream record industry for our clientele. Bands are always going to want to record themselves, and there will always be a market among serious music fans for well-made record albums. I'll point to the success of the Chicago label Numero Group as an example.
"There won't ever be a mass-market record industry again, and that's fine with me because that industry didn't operate for the benefit of the musicians or the audience, the only classes of people I care about.
"Free distribution of music has created a huge growth in the audience for live music performance, where most bands spend most of their time and energy anyway. Ticket prices have risen to the point that even club-level touring bands can earn a middle-class income if they keep their shit together, and every band now has access to a world-wide audience at no cost of acquisition. That's fantastic.
"Additionally, places poorly-served by the old-school record business (small or isolate towns, third-world and non-English-speaking countries) now have access to everything instead of a small sampling of music controlled by a hidebound local industry. When my band toured Eastern Europe a couple of years ago we had full houses despite having sold literally no records in most of those countries. Thank you internets."

Attached: 61i5dYP2TQL._SX355_.jpg (355x354, 33.92K)

what you talking about? All the music I listen is on youtube lol

Shut up zoomer. I don't pay my taxes, you want me to buy music? Ha, what a joke.

Attached: 77fda5d37d960c7cb2ae3f604bb1f802.jpg (620x675, 46.66K)

Attached: TIShE_ChURKA.gif (480x192, 1.55M)

At least Youtube has ads that pay the artists for their hard work

Shut up, kike. Most profit generated from album sales goes to the record label, not the musician himself. I pirate music while I also buy albums, one doesn't have to exclude the other. I listen to a lot of music and I don't have the money to get all of what I want to listen to. I might have two or three albums on vinyl from one artist and the rest is on a hard disk, there's nothing wrong in this. Streaming is barely different from "piracy", since the musician barely gets something. It has done more damage to music than any form of so called piracy, a phenomena that existed since the beginning of recorded music that helped many bands become popular.
Also most of the music I listen to is either classical or the musician's dead.

"The constructs of copyright and intellectual property ownership is not a realistic way to treat ideas. Ideas once expressed become part of the common mentality, music once expressed becomes part of the common environment.
"I think the idea of intellectual property will naturally have to be modified to accommodate the way people exchange ideas and music and information. The old copyright model has expired. It can no longer exclusively control music. The old copyright model—the person who creates something owns it and anyone else that wants to use it or see it has to pay them—has expired in the same way that around the world you're seeing structures and social norms [lapse] that were standard for many years. It's going to take a lot for the business to catch up to where the audience is, in the same way it takes a while for the church and the laws to catch up to where the people are. But there is no longer the possibility to exclusively control music through copyright. I think the term 'piracy' is absurd. Piracy is people boarding a ship with violence and killing people and physically stealing material goods... Equating somebody downloading something on his iPhone with that is preposterous."

Attached: R-4596903-1369490525-9755.jpg (300x300, 17.46K)

I don't download anything, fuck music taking up drive space. That's gay as fuck.
I simply stream shit.

Everything that can be digitized is inherently free. If you want to make some money become a plumber. You can't pirate the sewer and plumbing infrastructure for a high-rise. Someone has to pay for it or else it's just not getting done. You can always bang out tracks on the side.

Anyway , you make music and 10 years later you expect me to buy your shit ? Because it's what? Your intellectual property or some?
Not my fault human life is based on money when nature gave you all for free.
If I really want to ear sounds for free, I go listen to volcanos or the bids singing

get fucked human ape