Gear

Alright give it to me straight, is this thing worth the price tag? Trying to decide between an sp404 and a digitakt

Also gear general I guess

Attached: sp-404mkii_top_waveform_gal.jpg (670x1050, 180.79K)

Get this one, it has a Any Forums button.

Attached: casio-check-and-correct-mj-120d-original.jpg (1200x1200, 101.54K)

The original SP-404 was worth the price tag. This is a heavily upgraded version of it with a greatly improved sequencer, DJ Mode, and modernized FX.

One thing I'm not clear on, do the pads also function as a step sequencer?

organelle

Yes, you ding-dong. Use google and youtube. It's 2022 and search engines aren't entirely useless, yet. Use your brain & do your research.

Can ya'll recommend a good drum machine for composition? I play guitar and want something that I can either load "rock" sounding samples into to play along with and kinda demo ideas out before i spend time in a DAW, any recommendation. Most stuff is see out there is geared more towards sequencing and live edm

Get the analog Tr-606 in cheap Behringer rd-06 form. Big Black made decent punk with the tr-606. The distortion on rd-06 is a nice bonus. Great drum machine for guitar jamming.

Just stick with your daw. You can record your ideas immediately.

Ableton can do all that and more with more processing power, higher fidelity and ease of use. Not to mention its free, don't fall for the hardware meme

>obligatory "I'll wait for the Behringer clone" comment
The upgraded version costs more than a much more capable laptop that you could just run a DAW on.

Attached: 1634272951544.jpg (1080x1222, 500.93K)

Elekton Machinedrum

dang dude, tryin to bankrupt me lol

Go for a volca drum then lol

what do you think about the korg volca sample?

OP Never stated whether they already had a DAW setup or not. If they do, and they're just looking for something for gigs, then this will help.

I've played a lot of gigs with laptops and while it can be preferable for many reasons, sometimes having external gear to supplement it actually makes a lot of logistic sense. For my solo project, I'm running a Maschine+ to handle my instrumental tracks, a regular SP-404 for transition tracks/jam sessions, and a laptop running a custom Reaktor ensemble that's basically a pedalboard for my voice. I couldn't do all of that with just a laptop, unfortunately, and I've actually tried. For some projects, I could definitely just bring a laptop and some controllers, but not others.

dunning kruger called

Who the hell are you

the only reason you would get an SP is for the vinyl sim. the older ones are better but use shitty media cards. I switched to a TI sampler and its great

Yes, it's awesome.
Just using it as an effectbox alone already warrants the price

Well that failed, lol

Attached: EADAEA31-BA5A-46AC-A675-4FD5DB5E0776.jpg (539x405, 239.95K)